By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - new Zelda Ocarina of time Upgraded graphics

Around the Network

Now see... THAT would be a remake lol. I'm the type of person who doesn't buy remakes because I like to play the games as they were originally released. But if Nintendo went THIS far with it, I would definitely buy in. Not so much because I think it would better the original experience, but because it would actually feel fresh and different.

That looks great imo. I also like how they set it before the actual OOT starts showing the deku tree get attacked etc. If this was real id defo buy it.
Imagine them flashing out the world more like in breath of the wild with all new side quests and areas etc damn it would be great.

JackHandy said:

Now see... THAT would be a remake lol. I'm the type of person who doesn't buy remakes because I like to play the games as they were originally released. But if Nintendo went THIS far with it, I would definitely buy in. Not so much because I think it would better the original experience, but because it would actually feel fresh and different.

Same. I wouldn't normally buy a remake of a game unless its a game I would love to play back through and have no access to it anymore.

But a remake that is actually a modern build of an old game idea would be interesting. Like instead of just making OoT with modern graphics and perhaps a few quality of life updates, which is what remakes normally are, if they actually built OoT as if it was a new modern Zelda, that would be cool. Like, huge world much larger than OoT had, a ton more things to do, new plot points and elements of the quest, new mechanics, and obviously modern graphics, while still telling the same basic story. More like a re-telling than a remake...that'd I'd be down for.

Slownenberg said:
JackHandy said:

Same. I wouldn't normally buy a remake of a game unless its a game I would love to play back through and have no access to it anymore.

But a remake that is actually a modern build of an old game idea would be interesting. Like instead of just making OoT with modern graphics and perhaps a few quality of life updates, which is what remakes normally are, if they actually built OoT as if it was a new modern Zelda, that would be cool. Like, huge world much larger than OoT had, a ton more things to do, new plot points and elements of the quest, new mechanics, and obviously modern graphics, while still telling the same basic story. More like a re-telling than a remake...that'd I'd be down for.

We've got of FF VII to say that I would personally not advocate for the idea. There's a reason why faithful remakes exist and it's simply to mess up the core of the experience that was there at first. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Also I freaking knew once they announced UE5 that enthusiast programmers would go on to re-do the whole "What if Zelda, Mario or Sonic whatever had a more realistic graphical style ?" type of demo.

Fun to look at in the moment but in the end, these are just novelty projects. Can't they yield much interesting results on the concrete side

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Nintendo games might look like that in 2055.

Impressive graphics. Lacks style though...

Eh. It’s okay I guess. I mean, props to the guy that made it and it’s probably technically quite decent but for a game I’m not impressed. These type of fan-made demoes always seem very soulless to me. I’m not against Nintendo recreating Ocarina of Time, again, but if the end result looked like this I’d be indifferent.

Saria... my girl :(