By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Technical graphical issue holding back a plague tale : requiem

Not sure if this is an issue on ps5/series x, but on the series s, there is a grainy, shimmering effect on objects, usually present in large outdoor areas, usually the trees and the water, grassy plains and so ,  which can be distracting.  Horizon forbidden west had the same issue on performance mode for the ps5, which the finally fixed after 3 months. I wish the dev team behind a plague tale can learn from guerilla and get the game patched so I can enjoy a clean smooth image.  



Around the Network

If you had the option to play this on the Series S or PS5 … why choose the budget option?.



Ride The Chariot | '23 Completed | Top 50

VersusEvil said:

If you had the option to play this on the Series S or PS5 … why choose the budget option?.

Because it's free on gamepass



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

KratosLives said:

Not sure if this is an issue on ps5/series x, but on the series s, there is a grainy, shimmering effect on objects, usually present in large outdoor areas, usually the trees and the water, grassy plains and so ,  which can be distracting.  Horizon forbidden west had the same issue on performance mode for the ps5, which the finally fixed after 3 months. I wish the dev team behind a plague tale can learn from guerilla and get the game patched so I can enjoy a clean smooth image.  

Most be a Series S problem. Maybe from lower res or something?. On PC the game looks amazing. So id imagine that on Series X Ps5 it also would look great. Anyway if it is a Series S problem and you enjoy what you played maybe you should buy it for the PS5?.



zero129 said:
KratosLives said:

Not sure if this is an issue on ps5/series x, but on the series s, there is a grainy, shimmering effect on objects, usually present in large outdoor areas, usually the trees and the water, grassy plains and so ,  which can be distracting.  Horizon forbidden west had the same issue on performance mode for the ps5, which the finally fixed after 3 months. I wish the dev team behind a plague tale can learn from guerilla and get the game patched so I can enjoy a clean smooth image.  

Most be a Series S problem. Maybe from lower res or something?. On PC the game looks amazing. So id imagine that on Series X Ps5 it also would look great. Anyway if it is a Series S problem and you enjoy what you played maybe you should buy it for the PS5?.

I'm not sure if it's only a series s issue, as the same thing happened on horizon on a ps5. I'd only buy it forps5 if it ran at 60fps.



Around the Network
KratosLives said:
zero129 said:

Most be a Series S problem. Maybe from lower res or something?. On PC the game looks amazing. So id imagine that on Series X Ps5 it also would look great. Anyway if it is a Series S problem and you enjoy what you played maybe you should buy it for the PS5?.

I'm not sure if it's only a series s issue, as the same thing happened on horizon on a ps5. I'd only buy it forps5 if it ran at 60fps.

But with Horizon you said the issue was with performance mode meaning the game was also running in a lower res?. Maybe its something to do with the AA they are using so its possible they could fix it with a patch if its enough of a problem for people and they complain.



zero129 said:
KratosLives said:

I'm not sure if it's only a series s issue, as the same thing happened on horizon on a ps5. I'd only buy it forps5 if it ran at 60fps.

But with Horizon you said the issue was with performance mode meaning the game was also running in a lower res?. Maybe its something to do with the AA they are using so its possible they could fix it with a patch if its enough of a problem for people and they complain.

Yeah on 4k it wasn't an issue, but the game would max at 30fps. Performance was 60fps and they managed to patch it. It was an AA issue. I'm hoping they do the same with this game.