By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: PS5 Sales Top 30 Million Units Worldwide

10 million units in a bit less than 7 months is pretty good, after selling just 10 million units in 11 months of July 21 to June 22. If the supply is there, it should be in line for around 20 million this year.

Around the Network

It took a bit over two years to reach this but with the PS5 stock issue largely resolved now it'll for sure get to 60m faster than two years.

Not bad considering supplies issues.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It's going to surpass the N64 soon, and the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis very shortly after that. Q1 or Q2 2024 should be when it passes the 49.10 million of the SNES/Super Famicom.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Thank you very much, Trunks! :) And while I am posting: Happy New Year, I really wish you all the best and I am looking forward to a seemingly very interesting 2023 in regards to our beloved passion to read about console hardware sales. :o) And, of course, to yours and colleagues' much appreciated input and efforts. Thumbs up!

Have been waiting for the new estimates quite nervously.

I am really glad to see Xbox and PS sales at a very healthy state. I rather "cheer" for PS5 sales, though, but I consider myself healthy enough acknowledging healthy competitor's sales to be something VERY important and something we all have been missing from 2013 to 2020.

The real era of PS5 and XSX hasn't really begun yet, at least to my understanding, and I am thrilled to see what's going to happen in 2023.

Keep up the good work!

Around the Network

I was just looking at supply here in ireland and it seems like they've finally started meeting demand. It's now for the first time very easy to get a ps5.