By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: PS5 Sales Top 30 Million Units Worldwide

Link to VGChartz article here.

Sony: PS5 Sales Top 30 Million Units Worldwide

Sony Interactive Entertainment President and CEO Jim Ryan during Sony's CES 2023 showcase announced the PlayStation 5 has sold over 30 million units worldwide.

Sony previously announced the PlayStation 5 had sold over 20 million units in June 2022 and 10 million units in July 2021.

Ryan also announced December was the biggest month ever for PlayStation 5 sales.

VGChartz latest estimates are through December 10 and with three weeks left of 2022 VGChartz estimates have PlayStation 5 at 28.97 million units. By the end of 2022 VGChartz estimates will put PlayStation 5 sales well over 30 million units worldwide.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Nice milestone PS5, congrats! Though it would have been great to see what it could have done without supply constraints, hopefully a longer generation will be able to offset the inventory shortages. May your journey yield plenty of fruit.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Great to see PS5 stock issues gradually being alleviated.

I'm going to wager Sony has shipped around 7M PS5's for the holidays bringing lifetime sales to around 32M. They would then need to ship 5M units in this quarter to hit their fiscal year target.

Great, about 85 million units to go to match PS4 numbers.

Bang on with your estimates. Well done.

Around the Network

PS5 is going strong, def 31-32m sold by next financial report.

Not Sure if Sony will be able to hit the 20 Million target based on those sales numbers. They need to ship around 7-8 millions this quarter to achive the target.

So it's between 30-31m. If its just over 30m (30-30.5m) then I think ps5 is overtracked since December is ps5 biggest month

Last edited by Pinkie_pie - on 05 January 2023

the target is 18 million and not 20

Frank_kc said:

Not Sure if Sony will be able to hit the 20 Million target based on those sales numbers. They need to ship around 7-8 millions this quarter to achive the target.

The target is 18M so they could have shipped close to 32M(or more). We'll find out when the quarterly shipments come out. Either way it won't 7-8M more to meet their target.