By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War Ragnarok sells 5.1 million in the first week

Around the Network

Wow, way to go SSM. I'm just now playing through 2018 and it's fantastic so far. Looking forward to sinking my teeth into Ragnarok afterward.

Insane first week. Congrats to devs

Well then, that is a lot of copies.

Can confirm that as of today God of War Ragnarok has sold at least 1 unit more than this.

Around the Network

Question is however how much did it cost to make and market, adjusted with inflation in mind.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Pretty sure this all but confirms (after Sony has mentioned the possibility) that we will see at least a few Sony PS4 titles in 2023.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Congratulations to the team at SMS!

Congrats to Santa Monica, insane numbers for 5 days, this Game will sell like hot cakes for all the Holiday season, and will keep selling for a long time.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Much bigger than I expected. Launching close to Black Friday and the holiday season might give it really strong short term legs as well, and PS5 production improving should help it sustain strong sales in 2023. This would bode well for Sony's PC strategy, and give me hope that Nintendo will follow suit and try slowly exploring PC support in a few years.

Very impressive that it managed to easily beat GoW 2018's launch despite the PS5 supply situation and the increased software pricing. It reinforces my opinion that this will be Sony's strongest generation by a wide margin.