By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Robot Lovers:

Around the Network

So Redfall didn't make it into the top 100 for steam sales in it's launch week. I think safe to say it has completely bombed in sales.

Plenty of MUCH older MS titles made the cut despite some of them being very very old. Unless there's some sort of mistake here Redfall in it's launch week sold less than Flight Simulator sold in it's 142nd week. Redfalls peak player count on steam was just 1,560.

22nd - Sea of Thieves
44th - Grounded
66th - Flight Simulator
69th - Forza Horizon 5
79th - Forza Horizon 4
90th - Fallout 76
98th - Age of Empires IV

Steam Weekly Global Top Sellers for the week of 2 May — 9 May 2023 · SteamDB

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 09 May 2023

Redfall also drops to 57 on meta on XBSX. Out of all games rated for Series X on meta out of 246 (rated titles) it sits at 236 making it the 11th lowest rated game on the console. Personally I don’t think it deserves a 57.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 09 May 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Redfall also drops to 57 on meta on XBSX. Out of all games rated for Series X on meta out of 246 (rated titles) it sits at 236 making it the 11th lowest rated game on the console. Personally I don’t think it deserves a 57.

Probably not but with all the negativity going around, just about every Youtube and personality is looking for clicks to basically beat the game up.  its no where near as worse as people say but its the current game to fall fail to hit expectations and thus the negativity is even stronger than if the game would have released from another studio.

Spade is wrong

KH2>KH1>>KH3

Thus invalidating the entire list. 

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
VersusEvil said:

Probably not but with all the negativity going around, just about every Youtube and personality is looking for clicks to basically beat the game up.  its no where near as worse as people say but its the current game to fall fail to hit expectations and thus the negativity is even stronger than if the game would have released from another studio.

Pretty much this, negative xbox news gets more clicks than positive and if you bundle in the media and their obvious bias, it's pointless to take reviews seriously this gen.

Xbox slander is wild lately. There is an article about Redfall following Halo Infinites footsteps. If only lol 😆

with Redfall I think MS should make a public statement converting the current state of Redfall to an alpha release and automatically refund 50% of the game to all buyers (still offering them the possibility of a full refund of course). Then commit to fixing issues and adding content. There's no lack of titles that successfully turned a bad release into a successful title later, I'm sure Arkane Austin wants nothing less than the possibility to redeem themselves with great updates, and so does MS.

EpicRandy said:

with Redfall I think MS should make a public statement converting the current state of Redfall to an alpha release and automatically refund 50% of the game to all buyers (still offering them the possibility of a full refund of course). Then commit to fixing issues and adding content. There's no lack of titles that successfully turned a bad release into a successful title later, I'm sure Arkane Austin wants nothing less than the possibility to redeem themselves with great updates, and so does MS.

I am not sure about that, you go down that route and you have to basically do it for any game.  While the game does have its issues, its not broken.  There are no bugs that I can see that stops you from finishing the game.  I believe that Arkane with probably the help of some studios proficient in Unreal or even an engine change if that helps can probably fix the game with some updates but going down the refund route can open MS up to a lot of ligations type situations which just isn't a situation they want.  Interesting enough, usually Redfall has a huge watching community on Twitch.  It might be one of those games where it starts ruff but turn a curve later this year.

Machiavellian said:
EpicRandy said:

I am not sure about that, you go down that route and you have to basically do it for any game.  While the game does have its issues, its not broken.  There are no bugs that I can see that stops you from finishing the game.  I believe that Arkane with probably the help of some studios proficient in Unreal or even an engine change if that helps can probably fix the game with some updates but going down the refund route can open MS up to a lot of ligations type situations which just isn't a situation they want.  Interesting enough, usually Redfall has a huge watching community on Twitch.  It might be one of those games where it starts ruff but turn a curve later this year.

Well, you'd only have to do it on titles with such levels of issues as Redfall. I did not play the game yet but the DF review seemed very honest about its state. There is a bug that can happen that will prevent you from finishing the mission and you'd have to reboot the title and lose progression to overcome it. 

I don't think it would set a bad precedent either, MS already extended their refund option with Cyberpunk and there's no reason they should not do so here as well, both title initial states are very comparable after all. 

Converting it to an alpha release and automatically partially refunding every buyer may be overkill, but I think in the end it'll work in MS's favor and act as a promise that MS would take financial responsibility for such a blunder reassuring potential future pre-ordering users in the process.

This is the df review I am referring to :