By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Sony going to complain that Microsoft is advertising CoD

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Yup.

Although to be clear, CMA legally can't revise the deadline anymore, Lol. They've ran out of extensions.

Definitely won't bring back the Console SLC...It was already extremely rare for them to backtrack on an SLC...Let alone doing it twice in the same case, they'd look incredibly incompetent, Lol.

Console SLC is dead.

It'd be funny if CMA still demanded a divestment over Cloud SLC though...

I don't think the Cloud SLC criticality ever rose to the Console one even in CMA mind. Behavioral remedy is more than likely the only thing they could really ask to solve this one. Especially since :

• there are no opponents that is still in the market
  • the actual sole opponent left the market for reasons unrelated to this deal. 
  • MS successfully converted 1 opponents to a supporter proving that MS proposition is adequate in solving the issue or in other words CMA would really have a hard time to paint MS resolutions proposal as inadequate since the sole opponents still in the market accepted it. 

Ryuu96 said:

Didn't really notice it before but Arkane is pretty small huh.

Apparently only had 150 employees as of 2020 but Linkedin now says 269 but since Lyon and Austin at this stage are basically two distinct studios focusing on their own things that's like 134 for each game.

Makes me appreciate them a little more, also I suppose it's not a major surprise considering they've basically never had a major hit in sales and multiple underperforming titles.

Quite a few open job positions for both studios at least, more at Lyon though.

They are underrepresented on LinkedIn just like The Coalition and Ninja Theory. As I recall back when I was doing my studio size updates for this thread I had found a marketing post for the studio where they said they were over 300 back in 2020, and in the 2020 NoClip behind the scenes documentary an Arkane Lyon dev stated that the Lyon studio alone had over 150 devs at the time. Considering they only had like 230 on LinkedIn when I found that in 2020, and now are at 269, they definitely seem to have grown, I'd guess they are at around 350 now split between the 2 studios probably pretty evenly, for around 175 each. Plus there are 18 open position in Lyon and 13 open positions in Austin right now. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 13 April 2023

Ubisoft+ is here but costs $18/month so not really worth it for me, especially since I already own 90% of the Ubisoft library.

Just bought a physical copy of Far Cry 6 Ultimate the other day for about €13 and another Ubisoft game which isn't included in the Ubisoft+ library. Considering Ubisoft games tend to be too long for their own good, the price they're asking for every month is too high. How many of their games can you beat in a month? Up to two games maybe as long as one of them isn't a recent Assassin's Creed game. Might as well pay $20 to own two games (they are on sale quite frequently after all) and play them without the pressure.

Last edited by Barozi - on 13 April 2023

Or wait a month and pick up the ultra deluxe gold iconic edition for 1/5th the original price used. That way you don’t reward the most creativity bankrupted company in the industry.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Was looking at the 2 Arkane studios on Google maps. Never realized how dumpy Arkane Lyon looks from the outside, concrete building with graffiti in spots when you circle around the building. Microsoft needs to build them a new building like they have done for some of the other studios.

Arkane Austin is much nicer looking.

shikamaru317 said:

Was looking at the 2 Arkane studios on Google maps. Never realized how dumpy Arkane Lyon looks from the outside, concrete building with graffiti in spots when you circle around the building. Microsoft needs to build them a new building like they have done for some of the other studios.

Arkane Austin is much nicer looking.

Ooof, no kidding. Arkane Lyon should get a new office building built worthy of being in France! Something.....gotchic cathedral looking

Barozi said:

Ubisoft+ is here but costs $18/month so not really worth it for me, especially since I already own 90% of the Ubisoft library.

Just bought a physical copy of Far Cry 6 Ultimate the other day for about €13 and another Ubisoft game which isn't included in the Ubisoft+ library. Considering Ubisoft games tend to be too long for their own good, the price they're asking for every month is too high. How many of their games can you beat in a month? Up to two games maybe as long as one of them isn't a recent Assassin's Creed game. Might as well pay $20 to own two games (they are on sale quite frequently after all) and play them without the pressure.

I think the main selling point is that day one Ubisoft releases are on there, as well as the DLC including Gold editions for alot of the games. You can play a brand new Ubisoft game, at release, for $18 if you can beat it within a month (pretty easy to do for even their largest games like AC Valhalla), instead of paying $70 for them. You can also wait until all DLC's for said game are released and then play it with all DLC for $18. 

Is their enough value for a permanent sub? Not unless you are a massive Ubisoft fan and play pretty much everything they release. But the value is quite good for a limited time sub when playing new releases that interest you or say if you want to replay some of the older AC games they have re-released for the new batch of achievements, like Ezio Trilogy, Rogue Remaster, and 3 Remaster, or the Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon re-releases. It's also worth it to play some DLC's for some of the Ubisoft games you own but never bought the DLC for, for instance I never played any of the AC Odyssey or AC Origins DLC, nor the final Valhalla expansion, nor any of the far cry or watch dogs DLC's or South Park Fractured But Whole's DLC's. So I will definitely sub for a few months during some dead zone for new releases to play those re-released games with new batches of achievements and those DLC's I never played.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 13 April 2023

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Didn't really notice it before but Arkane is pretty small huh.

Apparently only had 150 employees as of 2020 but Linkedin now says 269 but since Lyon and Austin at this stage are basically two distinct studios focusing on their own things that's like 134 for each game.

Makes me appreciate them a little more, also I suppose it's not a major surprise considering they've basically never had a major hit in sales and multiple underperforming titles.

Quite a few open job positions for both studios at least, more at Lyon though.

They are underrepresented on LinkedIn just like The Coalition and Ninja Theory. As I recall back when I was doing my studio size updates for this thread I had found a marketing post for the studio where they said they were over 300 back in 2020, and in the 2020 NoClip behind the scenes documentary an Arkane Lyon dev stated that the Lyon studio alone had over 150 devs at the time. Considering they only had like 230 on LinkedIn when I found that in 2020, and now are at 269, they definitely seem to have grown, I'd guess they are at around 350 now split between the 2 studios probably pretty evenly, for around 175 each. Plus there are 18 open position in Lyon and 13 open positions in Austin right now. 

The Wiki source for 150 lists that documentary but it's hard to say, she works at Lyon but she is very much talking about Arkane as a whole in that segment where she says they're 150+ people, the documentary was about both studios are her comments were in the closing note and about how Arkane overall is a creative studio.

Not including HR, IT & Administration and I've removed the duplicates according to MobyGames, Deathloop had 187 Arkane employees but that would be over the entire course of development so the actual studio size is likely less. Maybe 150-150 between them both. Typical Linkedin margin of error in that case.

This seems like a pretty interesting concept! The return of first-person magic shooter games after 30 years I'm gonna have to see proper gameplay first. My biggest concern is while the combat looks pretty flashy in the trailer, in reality it could get repetitive.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 13 April 2023