By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 18 40.00%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 60.00%

Total:45
gtotheunit91 said:

You say that, but only evidence I've ever seen points to the contrary lol. 

I'm sure it's entirely possible with the proper amount of work, but I still have yet to see the extent of customizability like Forge has in an Unreal game. 

I mean how many games in general have that level of customization?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
gtotheunit91 said:

You say that, but only evidence I've ever seen points to the contrary lol. 

I'm sure it's entirely possible with the proper amount of work, but I still have yet to see the extent of customizability like Forge has in an Unreal game. 

I mean how many games in general have that level of customization?

Not too many come to mind. Forge started out as a glorified map editor in Halo 3 to now being its own engine in Infinite according to the devs and even being able to import your own files into the engine. 

I mean, we do live in the time of anything being possible, but it just causes us to be skeptical. 

Ryuu96 said:
Machiavellian said:

Yeah, I do not see it happening. Working in Unreal for a little bit, it really doesn't seem designed for what Forge does.  If they accomplish the task its going to be severely scaled back unless Epic have been holding back some tools to make it a reality.

Reportedly Microsoft has a prototype of Halo Infinite's Forge Mode mapmaking tool running in Unreal already, although a prototype doesn't tell us how scaled back it is (if it is). Could see them working directly with Epic to implement it.

I'll say again, any engine swap which can't incorporate Forge at a level of scale it is currently at would be a major mistake and I think 343i know that which is why Forge is the first thing translated over to Unreal Engine so hopefully they know what they're doing with this switch.

Well I am going to provide my disagreement.  While Forge is a staple of Halo, it has not produced any more sales or actually added to the player base.  In order for Forge to be as pivotal as you say, we would need to see significant uptick in Halo player base due to forge or its just a fancy tool for a limited few that use it.

I would say the first and primary thing Halo need is new heads that can craft a story and produce a high quality AAA experience.  Forge is one of those tools that is great to have and gives better scope to the game but Forge has been with Halo for a while and I just do not see where it has made a dent in the decline of the game and its audience.

gtotheunit91 said:

Not too many come to mind. Forge started out as a glorified map editor in Halo 3 to now being its own engine in Infinite according to the devs and even being able to import your own files into the engine. 

I mean, we do live in the time of anything being possible, but it just causes us to be skeptical. 

Like I've said before, I think it's just generally more of an issue of games take up so many resources as it is just to make a single player or a multiplayer. Adding in resources on top of all that, for an engine or even a level editor; just rarely becomes a priority.

Unreal Engine is very customizable. I don't see any real reason why it wouldn't work.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Reportedly Microsoft has a prototype of Halo Infinite's Forge Mode mapmaking tool running in Unreal already, although a prototype doesn't tell us how scaled back it is (if it is). Could see them working directly with Epic to implement it.

I'll say again, any engine swap which can't incorporate Forge at a level of scale it is currently at would be a major mistake and I think 343i know that which is why Forge is the first thing translated over to Unreal Engine so hopefully they know what they're doing with this switch.

Well I am going to provide my disagreement.  While Forge is a staple of Halo, it has not produced any more sales or actually added to the player base.  In order for Forge to be as pivotal as you say, we would need to see significant uptick in Halo player base due to forge or its just a fancy tool for a limited few that use it.

I would say the first and primary thing Halo need is new heads that can craft a story and produce a high quality AAA experience.  Forge is one of those tools that is great to have and gives better scope to the game but Forge has been with Halo for a while and I just do not see where it has made a dent in the decline of the game and its audience.

Eh? Did you miss this?

"Earlier this month, we featured four amazing community Forge creations in the Community Collection playlist, which has been the most popular Halo Infinite playlist since the game’s launch."

Forge is arguably a significant reason why Halo Infinite is still alive right now.

As you said, Forge is a staple of Halo, at this stage it's a very important aspect of Halo, hence why the first thing they're doing when moving over to Unreal Engine is seeing if Forge works with it and the sheer amount of effort/resources they have invested into both Halo 5 Forge and now Halo Infinite's Forge.

It's not like that map editor on Doom that nobody cared about, Lol. Forge was fairly popular in Halo 3, exploded in Halo Reach and has since then remained a very popular staple of Halo, to the point where any slight delay to it such as Halo 5's Forge delay causes the Halo fanbase to lose their shit.

Halo sells because of all of the parts added together, a great Campaign and a great Multiplayer suite which includes Forge. You're missing the point that Forge isn't just for those who create with it but those who play those creations, even so, Forge is very user friendly which means a lot of creations are made.

What Forge does is add to the longevity of a Halo title, it allows for people to go from the sweaty Multiplayer to just having pure mindless fun and taking a break from the more competitive side of Halo, without Forge, you would lose a lot of this wacky fun that Halo has given us since Halo 3.

It also now, as of Halo Infinite, allows for very high quality arena/BTB maps that can be created a lot quicker than Developer made maps.

I can assure you that if Halo dropped Forge, the Halo community would absolutely lose their shit and I would join them.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 March 2023

Around the Network

Next Week

• Monday 6th - Sea of Thieves 5th Anniversary & Season 9 Preview | Paradox Interactive Show in Partnership with Xbox.
  • Tuesday 7th - Halo Infinite Season 3 Launch.

Unknown Exact Date: Redfall Preview Event (Next Week).

Maybe: Starfield Direct Announcement.

Could be an interesting week next week.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 March 2023

Happy birthday @VersusEvil 

ice said:

Happy birthday @VersusEvil 

And @trunkswd 

Era thread

Avowed and Hellblade 2 nearest after Starfield.

Fable recently went into full production.

Perfect Dark and Everwild "not close".

Sorry if this information was posted already. But I think it's new.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 02 March 2023

the-pi-guy said:

Era thread

Avowed and HBII nearest after Starfield.

Fable recently went into full production.

Perfect Dark and Everwild "not close".

Sorry if this information was posted already. But I think it's new.

Jfc

June 2024 Articles:

Crow Country (XS) Review -- 8.5/10 |