By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

I didn't see this talked much about during Phil's interview with The Verge podcast

Phil talks about the Starfield and Redfall delays - reddit

Ryuu96 said:

It has been a while since we've heard anything regarding Everwild, positive or negative. Development on SoT is of course going swimmingly lol, but hopefully this means Rare has finally steered development on Everwild in the right direction and the team is optimistic about where it's heading. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Machiavellian said:

I would believe that MS would also accept COD not on GP but such an agreement would be very limited in years.  I personally believe that COD is not important to MS the way Sony or the CMA believe and that MS real purpose is their push to get their content on as many of those billion mobile devices as possible.  I have said this before, I do not believe MS is in the console war anymore.  They have conceded to Sony and Nintendo on that front and are looking and working towards a much bigger prize.  When MS get their mobile store up and running, they would just put full COD there as a streaming game or something along those lines.  If COD is the sacrifice to get this deal done, I believe Phil is more than happen to do that deal.

I'm still curious how or what this "mobile store" will entail? MS bringing back Windows Phone? lol. Ngl, I loved the Windows Mobile OS! It felt like a breath of fresh air in the Android/iOS space and the keyboard was to this day the BEST digital keyboard I've ever experienced. There was just.......no apps

And I doubt Apple or Google will allow MS to run their own mobile stores on their platforms.

MS does have a mobile android phone called the Surface DUO.  They probably can just add their own store sorta like Samsung has their own store with their phones.  I can also see them providing a way to access their store from any of the other devices as well.  It will be interesting to see how MS can circumvent Apple and Google stores but I am sure they have something in mind.

Around the Network

I'm around an hr into Somerville, a little over half way and you can ignore what I said a few comments back, now I've had time with this game I can whole heartedly say it's a disappointment. It feels at all times that I'm fighting with the controls, grab points constantly failing to register, the camera feels just bad on top of obtuse puzzles that feel like they're on a RNG slider of the solution works or not. The game looks pretty but everything else from the controls to the puzzle testing, the camera the screen jittering/tearing make it feel so obvious this game needed more time in development. I truly loved Limbo and INSIDE with the latter being one of my faves of all time but this, I can't even recommend unless you want a quick 2hr frustrating 1000G. 4/10 

Edit: PC gamers review nails it perfectly 

https://www.pcgamer.com/somerville-review/

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 15 November 2022

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Ryuu96 said:

"We finally know what Everwild is supposed to be!  Release date: Q4 2027!"  

VersusEvil said:

I'm around an hr into Somerville, a little over half way and you can ignore what I said a few comments back, now I've had time with this game I can whole heartedly say it's a disappointment. It feels at all times that I'm fighting with the controls, grab points constantly failing to register, the camera feels just bad on top of obtuse puzzles that feel like they're on a RNG slider of the solution works or not. The game looks pretty but everything else from the controls to the puzzle testing, the camera the screen jittering/tearing make it feel so obvious this game needed more time in development. I truly loved Limbo and INSIDE with the latter being one of my faves of all time but this, I can't even recommend unless you want a quick 2hr frustrating 1000G. 4/10 

Edit: PC gamers review nails it perfectly 

https://www.pcgamer.com/somerville-review/

Shame to hear.

If you like Limbo and Inside I definitely recommend Stela. Was quite surprised by this game (I think I already recommended it a few weeks ago in the old Empire thread). Obviously it's not as good as the aforementioned games but it does a good job while at the same time it's not too heavy on trial and error moments.

Man, I wish there were more BTB maps in Infinite! By the time Season 3 launches, it'll have been almost a year and a half after launch, and we'll have only gotten 2 new BTB maps in total during that time span.