By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

Ok, so this whole Hitman situation has gotten even weirder now. I think the problem may actually be with the Xbox achievement app rather than with Hitman itself. TrueAchievements just updated, and it is showing that all 12 achievements are unlocked for me, while the Xbox Achievement app on Xbox Series is only showing 6/12 as unlocked.

Edit: Even weirder, it is only the quick menu Achievement app that is only showing 6/12, if I open up the full Xbox achievements app it shows all 12 just like TA does. Something Xbox will need to patch soon I guess.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 20 January 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Hmmm. Sad if they didn't have much planned in the first place, Infinite was supposed to be supported for 10 years, were they really going to only release 1 or 2 short campaign expansions over 10 years? Super lame if true. At least the singleplayer DLC doesn't seem to be cancelled. 

I definitely think they need to scrap the Infinite 10 year plan though, and start working on the sequel to Infinite, aiming for release around Holiday 2026 or 2027.

You are reading it wrong, Jason (and Jez) are saying there was never any expansion planned in the first place. Jez specifically says that there was never any Campaign DLC in active development.

Ooof, I kind of suspected this was the case tbh. Not really based on anything but I just had a feeling that Xbox wasn't planning campaign DLC/expansions. On the bright side, at least I saved myself 550 dollars on the infinite console by not purchasing it. 

Speculation.

I think Infinite's Multiplayer will be supported throughout 2023, I think Battle Royale will launch in early 2024. Then I think if Battle Royale takes off then Infinite's Multiplayer may come to end of life support in mid-late 2024 as Battle Royale can take over in providing 343 with healthy financial support. However Battle Royale could have a positive knock on effect on Multiplayer in which case, maybe it stays alive for longer.

I think during this time they'll get sorted in the Multiplayer side and then adjust course and essentially regrow their Campaign team from scratch slowly and carefully, or they will outsource the Campaign but since Jason rebutted those rumours, the former seems more likely now. They don't need a Campaign team at this current moment because they're focused on trying to turn things around via Multiplayer + Battle Royale.

I think as long as Pierre stays onboard (who again, is very proven in turning things around, managing teams in efficient ways) then things will be a lot more focused and smoother sailing than the messy development of Infinite...And 5...And 4. But as a result of all of this, I wouldn't expect a mainline Halo story to enter production now until 2025ish and maybe a release of around 2028ish.

Hopefully they have spinoffs in the meantime.

Other questions remain like if they'll upgrade the engine again or if they'll abandon the open world.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 January 2023

shikamaru317 said:

Ok, so this whole Hitman situation has gotten even weirder now. I think the problem may actually be with the Xbox achievement app rather than with Hitman itself. TrueAchievements just updated, and it is showing that all 12 achievements are unlocked for me, while the Xbox Achievement app on Xbox Series is only showing 6/12 as unlocked.

yup had this happen before, also when my phone shows I got the achievement but console doesn't. frustrating 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Jez is now team first half after saying he thinks it's delayed

Betrayal.

Rand/Nate still on the delayed train.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 January 2023

Jez also sounds more convinced about a Gears collection, after previously mocking Nick for it, he says it makes sense and based on rumours he has heard (but nothing concrete) and that if he was grading rumours he would give this a B-

We love Playground!

I always assumed the endless was the name of the next book not DLC.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

I think the Infinite dev hell has officially surpassed Crackdown 3 as the worst in Xbox history, especially considering the importance of the Halo franchise. It’s amazing that they were even able to put out a very good game.