By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

Around the Network
Barozi said:
shikamaru317 said:

What would those settings be? I am online and in-game it says I am online, I know achievements don't work offline in this game but I am online and 6 achievements have popped so far, but 6 others from the prologue mission haven't, including the one for completing free form training, the one for completing the final test, the one for completing an opportunity on the final test, the one for completing an assassination unnoticed, the one for changing your disguise during the final test, and the one for assassinating Ritter while impersonating Mr. Norfolk. I have retried some of these missions twice now and they still won't pop. 

I'm now attempting to delete my save data and replay all of the prologue missions one last time on a clean save.

I don't really remember since it's been so long but I have the feeling there were certain settings like difficulty, starting loadout and maybe even a game mode where achievements wouldn't unlock. But no idea if that was the case for Hitman 1, 2 or 3.

Seems like many people on TA are having issues now, so I'm guessing it's a new thing. Probably because they are switching the servers from everything Hitman 1 and 2 related to Hitman 3.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n52429/hitman-1-2-delisted

Yeah, it's definitely annoying. I wish they would just add a bunch of new Hitman 3 achievements for completing the Hitman 1 and 2 levels inside of Hitman 3, that way I could play them on the updated engine with Series X enhancements and still earn a decent amount of Gamerscore for playing the 1 and 2 levels, but I haven't heard anything about them adding new Hitman 3 achievements for the 1 and 2 levels alongside this new move to get all 3 into a single product named Hitman: World of Assassination. What a shame, I really want to like this game because I enjoy stealth games, but borked achievements totally ruin my enjoyment.

shikamaru317 said:
Barozi said:

Built myself a new PC today. Not necessarily for playing games but my old PC still had parts from pre 2010 so the replacement was overdue. GPU didn't support 4k even though my TV can output it. Couldn't even stream Youtube videos in 1080p without heavy stuttering or freezing.

Holy hell GPUs are expensive nowadays. I tried to get one of the cheapest that still had at least some power and it set me back 240 Euro. That's a beginner's GPU that can't run last gen games any higher than 1080p 60FPS (so maybe PS4 Pro comparable?). For the same kind of money I used to get almost high end GPUs 10-15 years ago.
So in total I spent 650 Euro for a new PC that's barely more competent than a PS4 Pro (except the CPU which should be far better) and it would've been 700 Euro if it wasn't for the old power supply I can still use.
What I'm trying to say is that Series X is an absolute steal. A comparable PC costs at least 900 Euro (without OS).

Yeah, GPU's are crazy expensive these days. I remember a time, not all that long ago, when most of AMD's and Nvidia's GPU lines were priced between $100 and $350, with only a few high end outliers coming in over $350. The most recent full Nvidia GPU line, the GeForce 30 series, started at $249 for the low end 3050 and went all the way up to $1999 for the high end 3090Ti. Meanwhile the most recent full AMD GPU line, the Rx 6000 series, started at a more reasonable $159 for the low end RX 6400 and went all the way up to $1099 for the high end RX 6950 XT.

Nvidia in particular is price gouging us hard these days, but AMD has also raised their prices considerably these days.

What GPU did you end up getting? I believe the best price/performance GPU currently is AMD's RX 6650 XT if you don't care about raytracing all that much, which ranges from $250 up to over $330, while the best price/performance card if you want raytracing is Nvidia's 3060 currently, which will run you about $360 currently.

Like I said, I'm not really using it for gaming so I have no use for ray-tracing features. Cheapest RX 6650 XT I could find is 310 Euro here, which is already more than I'd like to pay for. I decided to buy a GTX 1660 Super, which is an older model but the only good alternative I found in that price range. Originally I wanted to get an RX 6500 XT for around 170 € but that one got awful reviews so I went with the other one instead.

Well, got two in.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Hmmm. Sad if they didn't have much planned in the first place, Infinite was supposed to be supported for 10 years, were they really going to only release 1 or 2 short campaign expansions over 10 years? Super lame if true. At least the singleplayer DLC doesn't seem to be cancelled. 

I definitely think they need to scrap the Infinite 10 year plan though, and start working on the sequel to Infinite, aiming for release around Holiday 2026 or 2027.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Hmmm. Sad if they didn't have much planned in the first place, Infinite was supposed to be supported for 10 years, were they really going to only release 1 or 2 short campaign expansions over 10 years? Super lame if true. At least the singleplayer DLC doesn't seem to be cancelled. 

I definitely think they need to scrap the Infinite 10 year plan though, and start working on the sequel to Infinite, aiming for release around Holiday 2026 or 2027.

You are reading it wrong, Jason (and Jez) are saying there was never any expansion planned in the first place. Jez specifically says that there was never any Campaign DLC in active development.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 January 2023

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

You are reading it wrong, Jason (and Jez) are saying there was never any expansion planned in the first place. Jez specifically says that there was never any Campaign DLC in active development.

That's even worse, how the hell can you have 10 years on Infinite GaaS support that is multiplayer only? How did they think that was a good idea to leave people hanging for 10 years after setting up the Endless? Not to mention to leave fans of the side characters in Halo hanging even longer since those characters weren't in Infinite at all, meaning we haven't seen them since Halo 5 in 2015 or Halo Wars 2 in 2017 or even longer in the case of Alpha-Nine members other than Buck, who have only been in books since Halo 3: ODST. We haven't even heard all that much of anything about Halo side games being in development, we got a non-descript rumor of something called Halo: The Endless, and that was it, they even shot down the possibility of a Halo Wars 3 releasing. 

343's management of the Halo IP is really starting to tick me off honestly. This poor singleplayer support is bad enough, then you have the many issues that Infinite's multiplayer still has, such as overpriced cosmetics, no in-game method for earning microtransaction currency (something even Overwatch 2 has, though you earn a measly 60 credits per week while legendary skins cost 1900 credits), and content releases that are still much too slow.

Edit: We're also still waiting on campaign features for Infinite that were promised for post-launch like raytracing, dynamic weather, and more. What has the campaign team, which is presumably at least a third of 343's Halo Infinite team, been doing since the co-op update released, if not campaign DLC? Sitting on their hands or twiddling their thumbs? 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 20 January 2023

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

That's even worse, how the hell can you have 10 years on Infinite GaaS support that is multiplayer only? How did they think that was a good idea to leave people hanging for 10 years after setting up the Endless? Not to mention to leave fans of the side characters in Halo hanging even longer since those characters weren't in Infinite at all, meaning we haven't seen them since Halo 5 in 2015 or Halo Wars 2 in 2017 or even longer in the case of Alpha-Nine members other than Buck, who have only been in books since Halo 3: ODST. We haven't even heard all that much of anything about Halo side games being in development, we got a non-descript rumor of something called Halo: The Endless, and that was it, they even shot down the possibility of a Halo Wars 3 releasing. 

343's management of the Halo IP is really starting to tick me off honestly. This poor singleplayer support is bad enough, then you have the many issues that Infinite's multiplayer still has, such as overpriced cosmetics, no in-game method for earning microtransaction currency (something even Overwatch 2 has, though you earn a measly 60 credits per week while legendary skins cost 1900 credits), and content releases that are still much too slow.

I'm fairly sure that 10 year plan died the moment Halo Infinite launched, Lol. Also it's worth mentioning that the person who came up with the "10 year plan" and the only one who mentioned it publicly (IIRC) was Chris Lee (Studio Head) and he was let go in 2020. Though 343 should come out and clarify that there isn't a 10 year plan. Since the claims of the 10 year plan, 343's management has massively changed, Chris Lee is gone, Bonnie Ross is gone, etc. Don't have a clue what their plans for future Campaigns are though.

But like I said, huge changes in management very recently, we'll have to see what their plans are, I think it's clear that Halo Infinite (including Campaign) have hugely underperformed though so financially it makes sense for them to (for now) double down on Multiplayer and try to get the studio in a stable place again before deciding how to tackle the next Campaign.

Pierre has only been Head of 343i for 4 months and in that time Multiplayer has improved a lot. Forge has released which is amazing, Custom Games Browser was brought forward a few months which was smart, we got Remakes releasing in-between seasons now, Season 3 is 2 months earlier than usual Seasons and after that each Season is on a 3 month schedule...

Things have improved a lot since he took over but there's obviously still work to do. Just shows how much of a mess that these people are inheriting, but I trust the dude who saved TMCC because that was 10x worse than Infinite's content issues. Focusing on MP for now is probably the smartest business decision, unfortunately for us Campaign lovers.

At some point, Microsoft looks at this mess and says "why the hell did you spend hundreds of millions and all we got is an underperforming Campaign and underperforming Multiplayer? You better fix this shit and make us money" so for now the focus is likely Multiplayer + Battle Royale (in the hope that Battle Royale takes off) which if it does, I think the MP will get a shortened life and they'll move onto the next thing.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 January 2023

I mean, I love Infinite’s gameplay and sandbox as much as the next Halo fan, but even I wouldn’t have been able to continue for years on end on more or less, same experience with additional same type of content without additional single player content. Forge is definitely the long play here.