By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Leynos said:

Had to cancel my pre-order for SM2 on Series X. Thanks to the Azz thread I tried an experiment. I shut off my router. I could not sign into my Xbox. My saves were not there. Sorry but no. Pre-Ordered for PS5. Probably still get Sonic on SX as that game is not as concerned about.

Then you did something wrong.

Haven't you set your console as your home console in the settings?

When my internet doesn't work and I'm not connected to any network I'm always signed it. Obviously saves (as they are stored both local and in the cloud) work as well.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
jason1637 said:

Almost a year later and still seeing new Starfield clickbait videos popping up. Same old i spend 200+ hours playing this and the game sucks nonsense.

Also spend close to 200 hours or even more can easily say Starfield isn't great and barely good. Less planets, Less hassle and cutscenes to go from planet A to B, more unique locations, more reasons to explore, no random maps on landing on a planet, better level up system; lockpicking is fun for the first 25 times after it gets boring lockpicking in Skyrim was almost never annoying because you got better and faster etc..

How the heck do you spend 200 hours doing something that you find boring? Didn't you have anything else to play?

Decided to commit to a proper pc build. Still need to order my GPU (I’ve decided on what tho) but everything else is on its way.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

chakkra said:
konnichiwa said:

Also spend close to 200 hours or even more can easily say Starfield isn't great and barely good. Less planets, Less hassle and cutscenes to go from planet A to B, more unique locations, more reasons to explore, no random maps on landing on a planet, better level up system; lockpicking is fun for the first 25 times after it gets boring lockpicking in Skyrim was almost never annoying because you got better and faster etc..

How the heck do you spend 200 hours doing something that you find boring? Didn't you have anything else to play?

Well yeah if it was fun all the time I would not only have played 200 hours..

Cod beta took me some time, wasn't fan of failing the training over and over but the omnimovement grew on me,  anyway reached level 20 and got the unique weekend 1 only skin.

Around the Network

Playing 6 hours a day (which for most is almost the whole freetime they have between work and sleeptime) means playing more than a month and doing nothing else in your freetime to reach 200 hours. That shows how much 200 hours really are

I seriously have no idea how people can do that to their own life with something  they don't enjoy a lot

Played a bit of the CoD beta today, first CoD I have played since MW reboot in 2019. The omni-movement stuff is pretty great, being able to sprint, slide, and dive in all directions, gives you a bit more of a chance of survival if the enemy lands the first shot because you can dive back around a corner and potentially survive. Being able to aim in all directions while prone is even better, something CoD should have had years ago. 

Graphics are kind of meh though, they really needed to drop last gen and improve the engine. They better finally drop last gen for the CoD Black Ops 2 direct sequel next year. Gonna be stupid as hell if CoD 2025 releases on consoles from 2013, 12 years old. The other big issue I have is one CoD has had for awhile now and none of the 3 CoD devs seem to want to fix, a total lacking of any semblance to realism. Why in the world was I just killed by an android man with an electric gun in a game set in 1991? I get CoD isn't Arma or Battlefield and was never intended to be hyper realistic, but back in the old days CoD was never like this, multiplayer characters looked and dressed like human soldiers, guns looked like actual guns. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 September 2024

Spencer just revealed during a PAX talk that Activision offered them Destiny 1 exclusivity but Xbox passed on it. That's like the 4th or 5th game that we have learned Xbox was offered exclusivity on but they passed on it, and I think all of those except for Destiny ended up Playstation timed or full exclusives, while Destiny ended up with Playstation marketing.

So, of course, given this is the final game in the older Age Of franchise to remake, and, well, how they’re making new expansions for it… Surely? Surely, right? Age of Empires V is just sitting there, in the ether, unmade. “It does sound a lot like you’re in a position where you kind of want to make something new?” I asked, my voice going ridiculously high at the end as I try to goad them into an answer I know they won’t give. I came closer than I thought!

“So…” began Yuen. “I…” he continued. “We…” he added. “I would love…” he so temptingly continued. And then catching himself went back to the clearly rehearsed line of, “So, we are launching the game on September 4, our goal is this will be a game that will continue to be updated and nurtured and…” Just imagine me turning down the volume at this point. So I tried again.

“I know you don’t want to answer this, but you must be tempted make a whole new one! You’ve got everything in place, right? Teams in place, all these experts…”

“Yes,” says Yuen, gently cutting me off. “We do have a lot of people that are very interesting in building more Age.” Come on, come on. “And that is definitely something that we need to…” YES?! “Right now, we need to focus on making Age of Mythology: Retold the best game out there.” Goddammit.

How The Age Of Mythology Retold Devs Welcome The Modern Era

I think they could give Age of Mythology 2 to Forgotten Empires, at this point they've remastered everything and Forgotten Empires also assisted on Age of Empires IV so they have a huge amount of experience on the Age of franchises, so I would absolutely trust them on a full fledged title, meanwhile Relic Entertainment can work on Age of Empires V because they're going to need the work.

I asked Zakhar Bocharov of GSC Game World about its turbulent release, and here's what he had to say: "It was an ambitious game from the beginning. Then we got COVID. Then we got war. Then we got relocation. Then we had fire in Prague. Then we had Russian hacks. Then we got delays." Despite this, there was an air of triumph in Bocharov's tone; they were close.

"So, I just covered seven years in my head, and I was thinking, 'damn, it was a really bad business idea'." Bocharov's emphasis here is on the financial costs, rather than the game as a whole. "Every delay costs a lot for us. Five delays – the budget is way more than it was to start … For me, when we delay, we understand the reaction. We understand people are tired of waiting. You really want it to release as well. We just do what's necessary," Bocharov said. "We're on the finish line. It's just about delivering the vision and experience now."

STALKER 2 Devs Joke Developing It "Was A Really Bad Business Idea" - VideoGamer

They even lost developers in the war against Russia.

@G2ThaUNiT We have work to do, we've got to prove them wrong. 🫡