By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I never thought I'd see an official Xbox game twitter account tweet about titties in 2024, but here we are xD

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I never thought I'd see an official Xbox game twitter account tweet about titties in 2024, but here we are xD

I always read titles as titties, and then the one time it is titties I read it as titles.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

shikamaru317 said:

Sadly, the titties that are being referred to here are.........not what you want to see with your own eyes

Pillars of Eternity gods are ugly as hell lol

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

G2ThaUNiT said:
shikamaru317 said:

Sadly, the titties that are being referred to here are.........not what you want to see with your own eyes

Yeah, Ondra is freaking terrifying, lmao. Once seen, it can never be unseen:

https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Ondra

Around the Network
coolbeans said:

"The Veilguard" has to be the most sauce-less subtitle in games to date. Still don't get why they went with a Borderlands-esque character intro for that trailer.

Wasnt the previous title, dreadwolf or something like that? This new title doesnt seem as enticing lol

shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Yeah, Ondra is freaking terrifying, lmao. Once seen, it can never be unseen:

https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Ondra

Yikes, those are not the titties you want to see!

A summary of all of the Dragon Age info from today:

• Coming to PS5, Xbox Series X and PC in Fall 2024
  • Consoles will get Quality and Performance modes (60FPS)
  • Photo mode is confirmed
  • Fully offline single player, no EA account linking, no micro-transactions
  • Play as a Human, Elf, Dwarf, or Qunari
  • 6 factions to choose from when you create your character, all with "deep roots in Thedas". The 6 choices are Antivan Crows, Grey Wardens, Shadow Dragons, Veil Jumpers, Lords of Fortune, The Mourne Watch
  • Each faction offers 3 distinct buffs each, like being able to hold an extra potion or do extra damage against certain enemies, and the odd reference in dialogue
  • You can customize your Inquisitor from Dragon Age: Inquisition in the character creator and "make a few key decisions that will impact how The Veilguard begins"
  • There are some "killer cameos" from past games that show up
  • Warrior Class: Use a sword and shield or two handed weapon to send enemies flying
  • Rogue Class: Utilizes quick movement and reflexes. You can wield a bow or dual swords with "powerful, precise strikes for lethal damage"
  • Mage Class: Use magic to incinerate, freeze, electrocute and crush. Some cast from afar, while others prefer close quarters combat
  • Each class also has 3 sub-specializations, those 3 are duelist, saboteur, and veil ranger for the Rogue
  • Classes also have unique resource systems, for example, the Rogue has "momentum", which builds up as you land consecutive hits, and each class will have a ranged attack option in addition to melee
  • One Rogue momentum attack is a "hip fire" option we saw for the Rogue's bow, letting you pop off arrows from the waist
  • One ranged attack option for the Warrior lets you lob your shield at enemies
  • Quests are more handcrafted and mission based, curated with alternate paths, secrets to discover and optional content
  • There are also open ended explorable areas like in Inquisition, in addition to the more linear missions
  • Party size of 3 during combat, ala Mass Effect, down from 4 in earlier Dragon Age games
  • Combat is focused on real-time action, dodge, parry, counter, "sophisticated animation canceling and branching", using risk-reward charge attacks designed to break enemy armor layers
  • Enemies have elemental weaknesses and resistances, and you can chain together elemental combos for extra damage
  • One example is a squadmate using a gravity well attack to suck enemies in, another slowing them down, and the player then unleashing a big AOE attack
  • You don't take direct control of companions like past Dragon Age games, but you can still pause and issues ability commands for you and your allies
  • There is a hub area for the player like Skyhold in DA:I and the Normandy in Mass Effect, called The Lighthouse.
  • Companions can eventually start romancing other characters if you opt not to romance them. Each companion also has unique missions tied to them that play into the larger story
  • Nudity confirmed - romance scenes can get "a little spicy"
  • "Incredibly deep" character creator: 5 categories including: Lineage, Appearance, Class, Faction, Playstyle
  • Players can also choose different body sizes and shapes
  • Dozens of hairstyles to choose from, with "individual strands of hair rendered separately and reacting quite remarkably to in-game physics", hair system pulled from EA Sports titles
  • Character creator lets you adjust the lighting so you can be sure your character looks good
  • The team wanted to balance the look of the game with both light and darkness. "When everything is dark, nothing really feels dark. For this one, we really wanted to build that contrast again."
  • Skill tree is "vast", you can also set up specific companions with certain kits, from tackling specific enemy types to being more of a supporting healer or flexible all-rounders
  • There are tarot cards you go through during the character creation process that will let you choose decisions from past games to implement into Veilguard. They went with this in-game method for decisions in past games because the Dragon Age Keep website used in Inquisition didn't mesh well with this newer build of the engine. 
  • The team teases you may lose some characters during the story
  • All romance options will be for any gender player character, like they were in Dragon Age 2, instead of being like Origins and Inquisition where there were some characters who would only romance male or female player characters
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 11 June 2024

BasilZero said:
coolbeans said:

"The Veilguard" has to be the most sauce-less subtitle in games to date. Still don't get why they went with a Borderlands-esque character intro for that trailer.

Wasnt the previous title, dreadwolf or something like that? This new title doesnt seem as enticing lol

Disagree.  Dreadwolf as least ties scary words together.  I don't know what a Veilguard is and don't really care to.

You missed one in your points Shika. It’s not open world. Also who tf cares what games are called, y’all fucking weird.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition