By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Going in today, see you sexy bastards soon, they better be quick with the surgery or I'll miss E3.

Surgery isn't today but I need to be in today.

Sir, the doctor has arrived 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Because shadow dropping a game hasn’t ever backfired 😬

Shadow dropping Hi Fi was not the reason the game did not sell.  The game did not sell because its not a game that has mass appeal. Also, lets not put blame on the shadow drop of Hi Fi Rush for the studio closure.  I am sure there were many things which factored into that decision.  Also Hi Fi Rush isn't a game that was going to get a big marketing push because as stated, its not a game with mass market appeal.  Just think about when it shadow dropped.  There was a lot of people commenting on it.  Reviews were high but the game still did not sell well.  Even after years of high reviews it could not garner any sells when it went multiplat.  Sometimes people need to face reality.  There are some games that are really good but just do not appeal to a mass audience.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 04 June 2024

Machiavellian said:
VersusEvil said:

Because shadow dropping a game hasn’t ever backfired 😬

Shadow dropping Hi Fi was not the reason the game did not sell.  The game did not sell because its not a game that has mass appeal. Also, lets not put blame on the shadow drop of Hi Fi Rush for the studio closure.  I am sure there were many things which factored into that decision.  

I think the opposite. A game like Hi Fi Rush may lose its luster to people over months of marketing prior to release, and would have been dead on arrival I think. Companies have been doing ahadow drops for a while now and there is a reason why.

It's become clear that HF Rush wasn't a commercial failure, nor was Tango, and the reason Tango closed is due to redundant MS branches in Japan.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if there is a HFR2 announced at some point, by a different MS studio. I also wouldn't be surprised if some or a decent amount of Tango employees end up at that studio.

Dulfite said:
Machiavellian said:

Shadow dropping Hi Fi was not the reason the game did not sell.  The game did not sell because its not a game that has mass appeal. Also, lets not put blame on the shadow drop of Hi Fi Rush for the studio closure.  I am sure there were many things which factored into that decision.  

I think the opposite. A game like Hi Fi Rush may lose its luster to people over months of marketing prior to release, and would have been dead on arrival I think. Companies have been doing ahadow drops for a while now and there is a reason why.

It's become clear that HF Rush wasn't a commercial failure, nor was Tango, and the reason Tango closed is due to redundant MS branches in Japan.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if there is a HFR2 announced at some point, by a different MS studio. I also wouldn't be surprised if some or a decent amount of Tango employees end up at that studio.

I do not think Hi Fi Rush was a failure; I just do not believe it sold nowhere near the numbers MS would have hoped.  I also believe that Tango was an OK studio as far as success in their games and Hi Fi Rush was the biggest acclaimed game they have released.  Personally, I would have loved for them to have been green lit for a sequel and that MS was smart to move all the employees to their other Asia branch, but I doubt it.  Unless it's the same creative team, I doubt we will see a sequel to the game and it will go into the dormant list of other IP that MS has.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Pretty cool to see Juggernaut make a return, but where the hell is VIP and Grifball? lol

Yeah we should definitely be seeing Contraband fully on Sunday

Hmm, I just realize that the showcase is on Sunday. So I go to the election, and after I changed the course of europe (and my city) I watch the course Xbox is taking.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]