By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47
coolbeans said:
VersusEvil said:

Jesus just let last gen fucking die already.

Kill it, if you have to.

Is this another one of your quotes? Are you becoming old or something 👴

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, it's insane to me that we're about to get a cross-gen CoD just 2 years before the next-gen Xbox is said to be releasing, Holiday 2026. This means we are only going to get a single current gen only CoD game, the Holiday 2025 one, as the Holiday 2026 one will be cross-gen yet again.

Imagine if the 2025 one is cross-gen too though...

Probably will be cross-gen if Nintendo will be joining in on the CoD action lol

Hopefully it will be Switch 2 only there. I'm skeptical that switch can even run the recent CoD's, the file size issues alone would probably cause Switch major issues.

In 2026 we will have an COD game that is on xone/xseries and nextbox =p

VersusEvil said:
coolbeans said:

Kill it, if you have to.

Is this another one of your quotes? Are you becoming old or something 👴

It's another Star Wars quote (The Last Jedi).  I can't help it when you give me those alley-oops.

With Attack on Titan crossover and Gundam crossover. Probably more to follow. CoD is anime now. CoD is weaboo.

Around the Network

Considering 50% of the userbase for Playstation is on PS4, its no surprise we are still getting cross gen titles.

Likely they see the data from the CoD servers as well.

50% userbase on previous gen, zero reason to upgrade. Solution? ….. release a pro model 😂 I know internet historians have distorted history to say Switch isn’t a gen 9 console (it is) but you could easily make the argument that it’s the only gen 9 console, at this point XS/PS5 are just X1 pro/PS4 pro pro.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

50% userbase on previous gen, zero reason to upgrade. Solution? ….. release a pro model 😂 I know internet historians have distorted history to say Switch isn’t a gen 9 console (it is) but you could easily make the argument that it’s the only gen 9 console, at this point XS/PS5 are just X1 pro/PS4 pro pro.

Honestly like the trend especially if b/c is kept across all platforms.

Graphics and visual fidelity shouldnt be the focus anymore - companies should instead focus on performance and making a game good.

Leynos said:
Machiavellian said:

I always find this interesting take.  Why should I buy the game if it's provided on a service I already pay for.  It's not like the Devs are not compensated for putting their game on the service and I benefit them by actually playing their game on that service.  For someone like myself who has not played none of the previous games, putting it on GP is the best opportunity for the dev to gain new customers.

Because it's worth rewarding the devs directly because SMT deserves it. I'm not rich by any means. But I believe in supporting devs directly for good games rather than an indirect rental.

I am rewarding the devs by playing their game on the service they put their game on.  If they did not want people to play their game on the service they put their game on then they should not support the service.  MS has many different revenue tiers for developers, and they are definitely getting paid.  I purchased my sub for exactly this situation.  I do not play enough games, nor do I care to play a game on release as I have way to much going on between work, family, touching grass and friends.  So, if the model doesn't work for the developer, they should not use it because people like me are not going to purchase their game, but we definitely will give it a go at some point in time if it's on the service we are paying for.  While I am more than happy to give any developer my money for a game I really want to play, as stated, since I never played the series the only way I would be interested is to have a chance to play the game on a service I subscribe to.

I've started playing Gears of War 2 (X360) via my Xbox Series X.

Game looks rough in comparison to Gears 1 Ultimate but thats to be expected - still looks good.

This is my first time playing through Gears of War 2 - I've only played Gears 1 Ultimate (both on Xbox GamePass PC and on Xbox One via my Series S) and Gears of War 4 on Xbox GamePass PC.

I plan to play in the future (Gears series wise)

-Gears of War 3 (XBX)
-Gears of War Judgment (XBX)
-Gears of War 4 (XBX)
-Gears of War 5 (XBX)
-Gears of War 5 (Steam)
-Gears Tactics (XBX)
-Gears Tactics (Steam)

(The steam versions likely in far future since I'll be first playing them on my Xbox).

Cant wait to see what the next Gears game will be like.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 30 May 2024