By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Ah if only The Order got a better chance.

VersusEvil said:

Holy shit they actually wrote that 😂

I predicted an 82 so it’s pretty much exactly what I expected. Pretty game with zero gameplay. All I’ve done for the last 30 minutes is push forward 🙂

What a weird thing to write...  

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Good reviews, seems the praise is in the technical aspects and story but disappointing combat again which hasn't improved, a fair critique.

Fuck PCGamer for being trash as always though and calling Senua a make-a-wish kid wanting to be in God of War, absolute tabloid trash-tier website.

That is one aspect of HellBlade 2 that NT probably did right is not make it a game that can be compared to GOD of War.  When you think about it its really not that type of game nor does it even try and the focus of the combat is not their as a gameplay aspect but an addition to the prog journey.  What I did like about a few reviews is that the game does not seem to have a lot of fluff.  It doesn't waste your time with a lot of backtracking and going back to the same spots to extend the game.  Give me 6 hours of wow then 15 of grinding and toiling away to get that next insignificant upgrade or gear anytime.  While GOD of War series is still my preferred format for a game like this, I am willing to stay open about how HellBlade 2 craft its story and progression.

I understand that Hellblade isn't for everyone but it absolutely doesn't want to have anything to do with games like God of War or it would play completely different. Comparisons like this just don't make any sense and you wonder how a reviewer can look at both games and even think like that.

Pre-installed and ready to go once I'm done with work.

I'll have to whip out my headphones for Hellblade II, I didn't do it for Hellblade I but I'm looking forward to all the sound atmosphere.

But some more MTG cards might come today so I might start Hellblade II tomorrow

Around the Network

Visually the game looks great, however I don't see much if any of an improvement in the combat or puzzles unfortunately.

Last edited by Koragg - on 21 May 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Good reviews, seems the praise is in the technical aspects and story but disappointing combat again which hasn't improved, a fair critique.

Fuck PCGamer for being trash as always though and calling Senua a make-a-wish kid wanting to be in God of War, absolute tabloid trash-tier website.

I'm a bit sad the combat hasn't been improved much, I recently started the first game to prepare for the sequel, and ended up quitting because I just wasn't a fan of the combat system. The standard enemies were stupidly easy and lacking in variety, while the boss fights reminded me of a Souls-like. 

crissindahouse said:

I understand that Hellblade isn't for everyone but it absolutely doesn't want to have anything to do with games like God of War or it would play completely different. Comparisons like this just don't make any sense and you wonder how a reviewer can look at both games and even think like that.

I believe you are giving way to much credit to most reviewers who I believe are just some average joe giving their opinion.  Just because they are giving it for some online mag or sit does not elevate their opinion from the dude down the street if you ask me.

the-pi-guy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Ah if only The Order got a better chance.

It was one of the PS4 exclusives I decided to play when I got my PS4 late. It really does feel comparable to Hellblade, it was a pretty game graphically (and uses a cinematic ultra wide aspect ratio with black bars just like Hellblade 2), but it was also quite short, had pretty limited combat, and had alot of annoying collectibles to find that pretty much required the use of a guide. It's actually kind of surprising it reviewed like 20 points lower than Hellblade, I suppose the things that tipped the scales in Hellblade's favor are the storyline and the psychosis binaural audio. 

After completing Hellblade 2, I highly recommend the System Shock remake!