By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34
Ryuu96 said:

Missed this.

This tweet make it seems like Ms forced Bethesda to reduce cost and than Bethesda chose targets that included Tango. But isn't Matt Booty overseeing Bethesda, would he be the one choosing targets or the responsibility would fall under Zenimax Media Ceo?

I'm just trying to make sense of Matt Booty incredible dumb statement of yesterday, I mean he cannot be the one who decided which were to fell on top of it.

Around the Network

Yeah that video 343 posted seemingly too soon may have been referring to the Match Composer that's being added to Infinite later this year. This honestly should be a trailer that's for the showcase to show off what Infinite has become. 

Many are concluding that this trailer is the indication that Match Composer will be Infinite's last major update.

Also,

EDIT: Actually looks like console always had multiplayer splitscreen. For some reason I thought Infinite didn't have splitscreen whatsoever lol

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 09 May 2024

Yeah, uploaded to Steam a day early lol

Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft has also had internal debates about whether to put new releases of Call of Duty into Game Pass. I understand this is a debate that has been ongoing internally for quite some time, with concerns from some that the revenue that Call of Duty typically generates for Activision Blizzard will be undermined by Game Pass.

I'm told that Microsoft has also considered increasing the price of Game Pass Ultimate again. These are only considerations, so a final decision could mean we still see a future Call of Duty release appear in most versions of Game Pass. The debate internally reflects the fact Microsoft's Xbox strategy has shifted from just delivering its games exclusively into Game Pass to considering bringing more Xbox games to multiple platforms.

Xbox employees are now bracing for what's next, as it seems unlikely that we've seen the last of Microsoft's gaming layoffs and cutbacks. There are whispers among employees that core Xbox Game Studios are set for cutbacks next.

Inside Microsoft’s Xbox turmoil - The Verge

Xbox has lost complete control, the Microsoft executives are running the ship, they saw Game Pass and thought "that shit is too consumer friendly, we hate consumers, make us money now!"

Gamepass Ultimate is already like 17$ pr month right?
I can't see them going higher than 20$..... that already feels like a lot for a service.

shikamaru317 said:

Got em!

Around the Network

A pox on whatever developer at Respawn thought it was a good idea to add these platformer levels to Jedi Survivor with randomized glitching death gates that make learning a route impossible.

I purchased every Xbox game I have. Some I had to purchase digital for lack of a physical release. I never purchased GamePass. I did my part.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Can the “deal will pass” crowed please do a bow of shame.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

#SaveXbox

the-pi-guy said:

GNIN568WIAAzQb8 (529×915) (twimg.com)

I know he's formerly PR of Xbox but I don't buy his argument Tbh. Hi-Fi Rush with or without Game Pass would have underperformed, it flopped on PlayStation and Steam too, where Game Pass doesn't exist. Redfall can't be attributed to Game Pass at all. He's right that Game Pass has stagnated but Game Pass is still profitable on its own.

I'm about 90% sure it's wrong to say Xbox has to "make back" that $70bn and not how M&S work, Microsoft did not lose $70bn but converted it into an asset, but the integration costs of Activision are taking money from Xbox but still, the logic that every company has to instantly make back the money they spent on M&A's has never been true, Microsoft acquired Linkedin for over $20bn but you don't see Linkedin having to make back that money.

What's more important is does that asset bring in more money than interest on $70bn.

Blaming Game Pass is the easy thing but it doesn't make sense Imo and it's just people looking for something to blame when the actual reality is that Activision-Blizzard is a company with a 30-40% profit margin, XGS and Bethesda aren't. Microsoft has already publicly said they want MS Gaming profit margins at similar levels to other Microsoft's businesses which are 20%+ so this is the result, they likely saw how Activision-Blizzard operates and thought "Why the hell aren't we doing this in XGS/Bethesda?" or to put it simple, basically Activision acquired Xbox.

The reality is that Game Pass saved Xbox but didn't grow to its Microsoft's desired heights, if it did grow to say, 80m subscribers then maybe things would be different but companies like Microsoft are always looking for infinite growth and they won't throw money at a business forever, Xbox is now around the levels of Windows but with way worse profit margins, Microsoft wants them up, Game Pass not existing wouldn't change that (not to mention the vast majority of people don't even use Game Pass on PC).

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 May 2024