By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

New game mode called Gruntpocalypse?

Around the Network

I was hoping to see the grunt goblin. Missed opportunity to bring it back.

My fave April Fool's joke thus far:

October 2024 Articles:

Star Wars Outlaws (XS) Review -- 4/10 |

coolbeans said:

Would have been more believable if it was cancelled lol

BasilZero said:
coolbeans said:

Would have been more believable if it was cancelled lol

Being unbelievable is why I appreciate it.  It's more about playing off of Skull & Bones' development history than the usual joke.

October 2024 Articles:

Star Wars Outlaws (XS) Review -- 4/10 |

Around the Network

Dragons Dogma 2 Finished

So after 95hrs I’m finally looking at the credits screen and starting NG+. It’s difficult to really give my opinion on DD2 because I’ve wanted it for so long, I adored DD1 but I’m left feeling unsatisfied after finishing this. Theres definitely things I loved about DD2, I loved being able to experience its universe and mechanics again. I loved building my character and pawn and I loved the fast pace hack & slash combat that I still think is unmatched in modern fantasy RPGs. 

Unfortunately tho, DD2 felt less like a sequel and just more of the first game, with an unmemorable world, forgettable characters and a story that was utterly pointless. At times it felt like I was just playing DD1 again, pawn AI is still the same as the first, climbing mechanics haven’t been improved, enemies act the same exact way they did in the first. The lack of new enemies was noticeable as the game throws wave after wave of enemies at you. 

The world is pretty big, hampered by an archaic travel system there purely to slow the game down (NG+ removes all port crystal locations unlike the first) combined with very limited faster travel options the game at times felt like a complete slog. The third island could have been completely cut from the game and you honestly wouldn't have noticed considering how little you spend there. 

Endgame or lack there of. So the endgame is basically the main world with the waters receded and all enemy types are their elite forms. Go to 4 locations, destroy a beacon, fight a boss, farm for some materials all with a time limit of sorts … then start NG+. It’s just forgettable. 

Overall: 7.5/10 - A half hearted sequel 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

I think I will play DD2 on PC so that I can fix many of the issues with mods.

Have to agree about DD2's story, characters and enemy variety.

The story and characters are bad and there's not enough enemy variety.

They have a woman on the front cover who has next to nothing to do with the main story, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

Have to agree about DD2's story, characters and enemy variety.

The story and characters are bad and there's not enough enemy variety.

They have a woman on the front cover who has next to nothing to do with the main story, Lol.

Wait until they find out there’s no male romance 😅

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Tried playing Sonic Unleashed tonight on my Series X.

I had to use an app password to log in for my profile in order to save.

Strange that I didnt have to do that for Soul Calibur HD over a year ago - wonder if its a new thing that happened recently.

Either ways, it was either that or not use 2FA which would be stupid lol.