By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 2 100.00%

No 0 0%

Still need convincing (sp... 0 0%

Total:2
shikamaru317 said:
VersusEvil said:

I wish Microsoft would make more remasters, how can the most greedy company on planet earth not give us the most easiest of easy cash!? Where’s ma Fallout 3/NV remaster? Morrowind Remaster? Halo 3 facking ANNIVERSARY!!!? Come on brah.

Oblivion and Fallout 3 remasters/remakes might be coming at least, based on that leak from last year. But yeah, they definitely need to do more remasters/remakes. We got the remasters for AoE 1, 2, and 3, but other than those, the last was what, the Phantom Dust one in 2017, 7 years ago? And the last from a major Xbox franchise other than AoE was Gears 1 Ultimate Edition in 2015.

It's crazy to me that Xbox hasn't been doing more with remasters and remakes. This is one area where they really do need to learn from Sony, who have been remastering and remaking a bunch of games recently, from TLOU 1 to Demons Souls to Until Dawn, with rumors of an Uncharted 1 remake coming soon too.

Yeah, I know Sony gets flak for remastering games (deservedly so in some cases) but in Xbox's case, it's warranted for a ton of games from them I feel like. Plus it could tide people over until new mainline titles start dropping. 

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Speaking of Gears... is there any actual news coming from The Coalition about a new Gears anytime soon? 5 came out nearly 5 years ago at this point, so it would be nice to know what they're working on. I liked Gears 5, so I'm itching to continue Kait's story.

Also, still waiting on some news on State of Decay 3 as well.

And Everwild and Perfect Dark and...

Honestly, I think they'll release a mid-tier/indie-esque game first before hopping over to Gears 6.  

October 2024 Articles:

Star Wars Outlaws (XS) Review -- 4/10 |

G2ThaUNiT said:

For those who want to create their DD2 character already! It can be transferred to the full game. 

I guess I wasn't the only one who had the idea of re-creating Kimahri from FFX. Luckily it's not an mmo.

Not a fan of releasing CC early, there’s nothing like spending 2+hrs on launch day in CC.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Guess their will be something gears related when netflix shows release, we also had no more books; comics, merchandise, just two figurines last year thats all.

Last edited by konnichiwa - on 08 March 2024

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Speaking of Gears... is there any actual news coming from The Coalition about a new Gears anytime soon? 5 came out nearly 5 years ago at this point, so it would be nice to know what they're working on. I liked Gears 5, so I'm itching to continue Kait's story.

Also, still waiting on some news on State of Decay 3 as well.

Gears 6 is on the Nvidia leak.

The Nvidia leak (from 2021) becomes more true as time goes especially with Ghost of Tsushima for PC being announced yesterday.

---

Nvidia leak snippet

Sony: (it literally takes years for these games to come to PC if at all)

• Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Edition = ✓

• HELLDIVERS 2 = ✓

• Horizon Forbidden West = ✓ (2024)

• GT7 = X

• Déraciné = X

• God of War = ✓

• Returnal = ✓

• Demon Souls = X

• Ratchet and Clank (no specified game) = ✓ (Was Rift Apart)

• Sackboy: A Big Adventure = ✓

• Ghost of Tsushima = ✓ (May 16 2024)

and for Microsoft

Microsoft:

---

Bonus

Square Enix:

Gears 6 will likely be a 2030 title which is still better than TES 6 which is likely going to be 20yrs from announcement to release.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

konnichiwa said:
Machiavellian said:

So basically, you ignored all the games coming to GP Day one since that is MS main service.  You then ignore that MS give a bunch of these developer's pub which build relationships with MS and thus encourages them to then look to MS first when bringing their games to market, making GP deals or working on exclusive IP.  You ignore that giving visibility to bigger publishers it helps relationships with them, encourages them to not skip the Xbox ecosystem and also look to do deals like bringing their games day one to Xbox.

What I always find with your analysis is that you really seem to only look at what you want.  The problem is what you want is just to limited which is why you seem to never look at the bigger picture because you are to busy looking at the surface of things.

The thing is you have no clue what goes on behind the scenes, the deals and relationships that are being made or the communications between the partners and MS.  You really concentrate way to much on surface details which only give you the tip of the iceberg.

It was called the Xbox Partner preview and not the gamepass partner preview.  I did not ignore it tho and thats why I called the preview fine, seems to be general consensus that it was not bad or great,  just fine...

I think most hoped or maybe expected some new partners or new investments in partners but doesn't seem to be the case and again thats fine..

Don't really care about words, huge lists or whats happening backdoors.  Gamers in general don't care, it is about making those promises come true and deliver.

Let me get this straight.  MS partnered with 3rd party developers to bring games to their most prized service which has driven MS to purchase multiple studios and publishers but for some reason you believe the term, partner preview which mind you is exactly that a preview of games coming from MS partners is not relevant. 

Do not say most hoped, just isolate that statement to YOU hoped because I can tell you I did not have any expectations for the preview besides getting a look at some new games which is what the preview did.  Even still, there are a number of different studios making games that will be coming to MS xbox from different studios I never heard I just believe it comes a time where if all you see is something negative, that is all you seem to take away from these events.

Last but not least, it was you that made a point about how MS is working with their partners.  So basically you are saying if I do not understand what is going on then its not happening. What kind of gamer are you trying to be.  The entitled ones who believe everything revolves around them or the one who understands how things get done.  Also your last line seems just off.  What promises are you talking about.  Just because the event did not float your boat, its suddenly a promise that is only within your own head.  

Ok, so the event did not float your boat, we get it but I believe you are putting to much stock on just your one opinion or maybe you just have way to big of an expectation for these small events.  Maybe you should just take them for what they are, events to give air time to games coming to MS platform.