By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Question for the Thread.

Since we always ask what our most anticipated upcoming (announced) title is, I thought I'd change it up a little and ask what are your top 3 (or however many you'd like to list) unannounced projects based on rumours/job postings that you are most looking forward to being revealed and learning more about?

Some Unannounced Projects Based on Rumours.

• Vague "Halo Spinoff".
  • Gears of War 6 (Technically Unannounced).
  • The Coalition's Rumoured New IP.
  • InXile's Project Cobalt (AAA FPS RPG).
  • Compulsion's Project Midnight (Third Person Action Game Set in a Dark and Fantastical World).
  • Project Dragon by IO Interactive (Fantasy RPG).
  • Project Shaolin by BrassLion Entertainment (Action RPG).
  • Project Belfry by Stoic Studios (Side Scrolling Brawling Combat).
  • Project Suerte by Certain Affinity (Monster Hunter Inspired).
  • Zenimax Online AAA New IP.
  • John Johanas Project at Tango Gameworks.

You can see a little more about some of these projects here: Xbox Game StudiosBethesda Softworks

May have missed a few but I have most of the major rumours.

My top 3:

-Compulsion's Project Midnight

-InXile's Project Cobalt

-Gears of War 6 (#revivetheoriginalGOWtitle)

Last edited by coolbeans - on 13 November 2022

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

From that list

3. Project Cobalt - inXile developing a AAA game with actual backing is going to be sight to behold, sleeper hit of the generation inbound.

2. Project Dragon - Give me a fantasy RPG with deep character customisation and you got my attention.

1. Dishonored 3 - literally don't need to say anything else.

I don't think that there'll be a Dishonored 3

Cobalt
Dragon
Zenimax's new IP

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Cobalt
Midnight
Dragon

The agonizing wait seeing how these games will turn out!

I’m hoping one or maaaaaybe two projects get revealed at TGA. Not even anything big. Just a reveal.

Around the Network

Angelus said:
VersusEvil said:

From that list

3. Project Cobalt - inXile developing a AAA game with actual backing is going to be sight to behold, sleeper hit of the generation inbound.

2. Project Dragon - Give me a fantasy RPG with deep character customisation and you got my attention.

1. Dishonored 3 - literally don't need to say anything else.

I don't think that there'll be a Dishonored 3

Not a numbered game called Dishonored 3, but another game set in the Dishonored franchise is possible imo. When Dishonored: Death of the Outsider released and Arkane said it was the end of the Kaldwin era/trilogy of games, they said there was a chance that they would come back to the Dishonored franchise with a different era and setting at some point in the future. Now that we know that Deathloop is part of the Dishonored universe, just set far into the future, we actually have a timeline for when a potential new Dishonored series could be set. Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider are set in the 1880's as I recall, while a map inside of Deathloop says that the island Deathloop is set on was discovered by naval explorers in the 1930's as I recall, and based on the level of technology, the art, and clothing styles in Deathloop, it was the 1970's when they succeeded in creating the 1 day time loop on the island. That gives us a window of 90 years between Dishonored 2 and the start of the time loop on the island, where a game that is both Dishonored sequel and Deathloop prequel could be set. There is also a possibility of a Dishonored game set before Dishonored 1 I suppose. 

A Deathloop sequel seems like it is obviously in the cards, especially now that Deathloop has received an extended ending that teases a sequel alongside the Xbox version as part of the 1 year update. But they could also do a Dishonored sequel/Deathloop prequel game at some point, afterall there are still alot of unanswered question about what happened during that 90 year window that Deathloop doesn't adequately answer. 

On a side note, Dishonored was originally supposed to have a Feudal Japan based setting, but Bethesda convinced Arkane that a western developed, Japan set game would flop and the setting was changed to being based on 1860's Europe instead. Now that that Ghost of Tsushima has proven Bethesda's claim about a western developed, Japan set game flopping to be false, I would love to see a new stealth + magic powers immersive sim feudal Japan based game by Arkane in the future. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 13 November 2022

I don't really keep up with unannounced projects that much but out of what Ryuu listed; Gears 6, Inxile's Project Cobalt, and Project Dragon by IO seem the most interesting—still waiting for all these games Xbox announced years ago to release at this point, let alone have excitement for unannounced projects

gtotheunit91 said:

I’m hoping one or maaaaaybe two projects get revealed at TGA. Not even anything big. Just a reveal.

Xbox will definitely have something there. If Xbox's whole thing now is revealing games that will release only in the next 12 months, like they did at E3, then they will surely have some of their 2nd half 2023 games at The Game Awards, since all of their currently windowed games are 1st half 2023. Based on how long games have been in development for, and the scope of those projects, the games that have the best chance of making 2nd half 2023 are Hellblade 2, Project Mara, Project Belfry, Contraband, and Avowed. I can't see Xbox showing all of those on The Game Awards, some may be saved for E3 2023 unless they have a Q1 set XO23 like Ryuu has been dreaming of, but I reckon at least some of those will be on The Game Awards with gameplay trailers/demos and a 2nd half 2023 release window.

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Xbox will definitely have something there. If Xbox's whole thing now is revealing games that will release only in the next 12 months, like they did at E3, then they will surely have some of their 2nd half 2023 games at The Game Awards, since all of their currently windowed games are 1st half 2023. Based on how long games have been in development for, and the scope of those projects, the games that have the best chance of making 2nd half 2023 are Hellblade 2, Project Mara, Project Belfry, Contraband, and Avowed. I can't see Xbox showing all of those on The Game Awards, some may be saved for E3 2023 unless they have a Q1 set XO23 like Ryuu has been dreaming of, but I reckon at least some of those will be on The Game Awards with gameplay trailers/demos and a 2nd half 2023 release window.

I feel like Xbox will showcase one or two games from the first half of 2023 lineup - maybe Starfield and/or Forza trailers - as well as one or two games from the second half of 2023.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.