By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Excited for VII Remake re-release on Xbox SX

Wish they would release the Pixel remasters already too.

Hopefully Rebirth wont take too long (assuming rumors of Remake are true)

Around the Network

As far as everything else in the show, fans will just have to wait and see. One thing Insider Gaming sources have mentioned, however, is a fifth game being shown during the show. That said, it’s not expected to be a major game.

There Won't Be Any Shadow Drops During Xbox Developer Direct - Insider Gaming

coolbeans said:
shikamaru317 said:

Better finish those discussions soon, nearly 4 years since the first game released on PS4 now. Feels like they should have already nailed down a deal months ago considering that Takashi Kiryu, who is Xbox friendly, replaced Yosuke Matsuda as Square President in May 2023.

Maybe Xbox Japan had to show some decent numbers regarding money, interest, etc. before ironing out a deal.  It always seems like they're at the beginning of a locomotion starting up: the slow grind of turning those wheels over until getting a continuous cycle.

Why would MS Japan even be involved since this games sale pretty much better in the west.  Hell, the PS5 isn't even sell all that great in Japan so I doubt that would be the discussion.  If anything everything probably just hinges on the deal Square has made with Sony and Square future deals with Sony.  Sony is the 800 pound gorilla and all Japanese publishers and developers first consult with them before doing anything Xbox/MS related.

Ryuu96 said:

As far as everything else in the show, fans will just have to wait and see. One thing Insider Gaming sources have mentioned, however, is a fifth game being shown during the show. That said, it’s not expected to be a major game.

There Won't Be Any Shadow Drops During Xbox Developer Direct - Insider Gaming

So maybe Towerborne or one of the two small Double Fine games we've heard are in development. Can't think of much else it could be if it is a smaller game.

Edit: Oh yeah, Project Mara is a possibility as well. They will already be talking to Ninja Theory and Mara is definitely a smaller game, last we heard the plan was a 2 hour game set almost entirely within Mara's penthouse apartment, with a team of only about 15 devs on it, though it could have grown somewhat since then. Though I still think it wouldn't be considered a major game even with growth, psychological horror is fairly niche compared to the more popular survival horror.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 17 January 2024

Machiavellian said:
coolbeans said:

Maybe Xbox Japan had to show some decent numbers regarding money, interest, etc. before ironing out a deal.  It always seems like they're at the beginning of a locomotion starting up: the slow grind of turning those wheels over until getting a continuous cycle.

Why would MS Japan even be involved since this games sale pretty much better in the west.  Hell, the PS5 isn't even sell all that great in Japan so I doubt that would be the discussion.  If anything everything probably just hinges on the deal Square has made with Sony and Square future deals with Sony.  Sony is the 800 pound gorilla and all Japanese publishers and developers first consult with them before doing anything Xbox/MS related.

That's not what I was talking about.  I didn't mean Xbox Japan only relaying Japan-centric numbers.  I just meant that 'field office' doing the work to convince SE the deal's worth it with overall stats and whatnot.

Around the Network

Yeah, wasn't this interview in November or something? I've a feeling Tatanka was cancelled but Certain Affinity just moved their staff over to whatever the next Halo is, whether it's a spinoff or new mainline title in partnership with 343i. I doubt their "biggest project" is supporting Halo Infinite (and surely they'd just say that, Lol).

"Master Chief" looking like a tyrant these days

Asmongold on stream yesterday believed that Halo Infinite was growing, then went to Steam Charts to see the game was at 7K concurrent players on Steam and retracted his statement believing that Steam numbers told the entire story as much doom and gloom there is for Halo Infinite, the game every day has a healthy population. Now if 343 loosened up their SBMM, maybe people outside of the US wouldn't have such a hard time lol

Mint Blitz to the rescue!

G2ThaUNiT said:

Asmongold on stream yesterday believed that Halo Infinite was growing, then went to Steam Charts to see the game was at 7K concurrent players on Steam and retracted his statement believing that Steam numbers told the entire story as much doom and gloom there is for Halo Infinite, the game every day has a healthy population. Now if 343 loosened up their SBMM, maybe people outside of the US wouldn't have such a hard time lol

Mint Blitz to the rescue!

People need to stop using Steam as the end-all-be-all for a game's success. I saw people doing the same thing with Starfield. Yes, Starfield has now fallen out of Steam's top 100 in terms of peak player count, with a peak of 11,000 players in the last 24 hours. However, for starters it is a singleplayer game that released 4+ months ago and has now been finished by most players, which still doesn't have the official modding tools and in-game mod store released, nor it's first DLC released. Secondly, the game is also on Gamepass PC and Xbox where it is doing much better on both than on Steam. On Xbox it is still the 23rd most played game and is currently the 2nd most played singleplayer only game on the list, behind only AC Valhalla which was recently added to Gamepass, all other games ahead of it are either all multiplayer or have both singleplayer and multiplayer options. On PC Gamepass meanwhile it is the 8th most played game currently, with nearly every game ahead of it being multiplayer games, games like League of Legends, Valorant, Rainbow Six Siege, Forza Horizon 5, and Hell Let Loose.

Much like Starfield, Halo Infinite also has a meh peak 24 hour concurrent player count on Steam, just 7,000 players. However, on Xbox it is the 25th most played game, while it's campaign is currently the 9th most played game on PC Gamepass just behind Starfield at 8th (no way to look up the most played ranking for the multiplayer on PC Xbox Store/PC Gamepass that I can find). Halo Infinite's campaign, a singleplayer/co-op campaign released 2 years ago, is doing better on PC Gamepass than MS Flight Sim, Sea of Thieves, AC Valhalla, Cities Skylines 2, Forza Motorsport, Grounded, and many more. That is insanely impressive performance for Infinite's campaign no matter which way you slice it. And if Mint Blitz's peak 24 hour concurrent player count number of 50k players between all 3 platforms is accurate, Infinite multiplayer really isn't doing bad at all for 2+ years after release, especially considering it's rough start due to poor content amounts, it seems like quite alot of people that left came back and gave it another chance. 

Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, wasn't this interview in November or something? I've a feeling Tatanka was cancelled but Certain Affinity just moved their staff over to whatever the next Halo is, whether it's a spinoff or new mainline title in partnership with 343i. I doubt their "biggest project" is supporting Halo Infinite (and surely they'd just say that, Lol).

I was always under the impression that Tatanka as a battle royale mode either died or was brought into the next main Halo game as one compontent of it's multiplayer about a year and 3 months ago, October 2022 as I recall was when the first leak released saying that Tatanka has been expanded from a standalone battle royale mode into the next main Halo game running on UE5. Now we know that the battle royale mode likely died at the time or shortly after. However that doesn't mean that Certain Affinity's work with 343 was finished, indeed we heard that the groundwork that Certain Affinity did building Halo Tatanka in Unreal 5 was instead used as the basis for the next main Halo game that 343 is now working on, presumably in-engine art assets (things like textured rocks, walls, foliage, etc.) from their Battle Royale maps, character models and textured Spartan armor, useable weapons and vehicles, etc. from there 2 or 3 years working on Tatanka Battle Royale before it's cancellation were re-purposed and re-used for this next main Halo game in UE5 in order to cut down on it's dev time. It makes perfect sense for Certain Affinity to continue working with 343, assisting them with repurposing those Tatanka assets and then the actual development of this next main Halo game on UE5 ever since. Just because Xbox/343 decided not to chase the battle royale trend doesn't mean that bridges with Certain Affinity would be burned and they would no longer want to work with 343, they had a good working relationship for over a decade before that point.