By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Xbox to Present Developer_Direct, Returning on January 18

You’re about to get an exciting look at some of the incredible games ahead with Xbox, as we present a new edition of Developer_Direct. On Thursday, January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK, fans will get an inside look at a selection of highly anticipated games coming to Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Game Pass. Shortly after, ZeniMax Online Studios will host The Elder Scrolls Online 2024 Global Reveal at 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK to preview 2024’s biggest update.

Presented by the game creators themselves, Developer_Direct offers an in-depth look at upcoming titles, how they’re being created, and who’s creating them. We’ll visit MachineGames in Sweden to check in on their Indiana Jones game, swing by Obsidian’s Irvine offices to see more from Avowed, head to Oxide Games’ Maryland home to learn about Ara: History Untold, and take a trip to Cambridge, England to see Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II from Ninja Theory. Please note that while this show won’t have updates on games from Activision Blizzard, you can look forward to news from those teams later this year.

The show will be a celebration of just a selection of our slate of upcoming games from Xbox. It’s also another part of our commitment to consistently bringing Xbox players can’t-miss experiences. 2024 kicked off with a bang for Game Pass members, and you can expect that line-up to include more incredible games from Xbox and our partners as the year goes on.

Fans should tune in on Xbox channels at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK, January 18 to see all the latest on: 

• Indiana Jones game: MachineGames, the award-winning studio behind the recent Wolfenstein series, will reveal their upcoming Indiana Jones game, an action-adventure that puts players in the leather jacket of the legendary archaeologist. Developer_Direct will showcase more than 10 minutes of game and developer insights, including details about the game’s setting and story, how fans will actually play as Indy, additional details from his next globe-trotting adventure, and the premiere of the first gameplay trailer.
  • Avowed: The team at Obsidian will share the first deep dive into the gameplay experience fans can expect in Avowed, their upcoming fantasy action RPG, set in the fantastical, vibrant Living Lands. Learn more about how Obsidian’s expertise in building worlds with deep themes, dynamic gameplay, and thoughtful reactivity come to life in Avowed where players will have agency to make choices to shape every step of their adventure.
  • Ara: History Untold: Hear from the leads at Oxide Games – a studio founded by veterans of the strategy genre and the creators behind classic strategy titles including Civilization V – as they unveil exclusive new gameplay and share more details about the inspiration, key features, and road ahead for their upcoming historical grand strategy game.
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II: Ninja Theory take us behind the scenes at their studio in Cambridge to give us some insight on how they are crafting Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II. The team will speak to the ambition and meticulous care involved in creating Senua’s journey of survival.

Shortly after Developer_Direct has concluded, ZeniMax Online Studios will host The Elder Scrolls Online 2024 Global Reveal at 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK, a standalone presentation where the development team will unveil the game’s next major Chapter, including the new zone, storyline, and other major features coming in the game’s biggest update this year.

Stay tuned to Xbox and Bethesda’s official social channels for more on Developer_Direct, coming on Thursday, January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK.

Xbox to Present Developer_Direct, Returning on January 18 - Xbox Wire

Damn, this seems a lot better than the last Direct with the confirmed games imo. Even with the shadow drop of Hi-fi. Looking forward to this one. 

Stay mad kid.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

2024: The Year of Xbox lol

CONFIRMED:

• Indiana Jones
  • Avowed
  • Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Gulf War
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Towerborne
  • ARA History Untold
  • Starfield: Shattered Space
  • Ark II

RUMORED:

• KILN
  • South of Midnight
  • Forza Horizon 6
  • Halo: Battle Royale
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION Remaster
  • Age of Mythology

I'm skeptical of Halo Tatanka and South of Midnight from the rumored list making 2024. Last we heard Halo Tatanka may be getting expanded into a full Halo game complete with a campaign which will certainly take longer to make. Meanwhile South of Midnight development only started in early 2020 after releasing the final We Happy Few DLC in late 2019, and less than 5 years of development may not be enough for a new IP in the modern era of game development.

However, even if those 2 don't release in 2024, the rest of the confirmed and rumored 2024 lists would certainly make for Xbox's strongest year ever in terms of exclusive and timed exclusive releases.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 January 2024

Goatseye said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Damn, this seems a lot better than the last Direct with the confirmed games imo. Even with the shadow drop of Hi-fi. Looking forward to this one. 

Stay mad kid.

Lol, what in my comment reads like I'm mad at anything?

PixelPirate said:
Machiavellian said:

Its funny you say MS is disconnected with their fanbase because going around the web, a lot of Xbox fans I noticed to not see Hi Fi Rush and SOT going Multiplat a big deal.  Its only people who seem to believe that a console needs to keep everything exclusive that have this mindset.

Who said MS strategy is right or wrong, I said that is their strategy since Phil took over.  Every move Phil has done since he has taken over has been to make MS gaming hardware agnostic.  From GP, to putting all first and second party games on PC and Xbox at the same time.  To purchasing both Bethesda and ABK/Blizz.  Its not like Phil has not shone you his strategy since he took over and nothing has changed since.  Even MS stating going heavy into Mobile is another big tell that MS is looking to be hardware agnostic.  What ties everything together is GP.  GP can be on anything and it will be on everything MS can put it on.  

MS is not concerned about the Xbox being the only hardware to play MS games, MS want everyone to have the ability to play MS games no matter what your main console is.  The Xbox brand is only important to how you view the market but its not how MS view the market.  GP is the brand now and Xbox is just another device that gains you access to GP.

Whether the strategy is right or wrong, we will see but MS has conmitted everything to it which is the right course of action in my book.  You either go full tilt or go home.  Half way measures only give you half way results.

Because it is a slippery slope. Now it is Hifi Rush and Sea of Thieves, but what about games in the future? You won't get any Nintendo or Playstation games in return. And Xbox is just another device you access to GP? I find this really weird. Xbox hardware is not just another device, but a very important device with 50+ million users. Without Xbox hardware, the Gamepass library will be severely limited. They need Xbox-like hardware for streaming xcloud games or do you think future GP only consists of PC games / mobile games? You already see more and more developers skipping Xbox hardware. Gamepass with only MS games only seems viable if they keep buying up studios and publishers. 

There is no slippery slope.  Its not like this is MS first rodeo, they have put games on switch for a while now.  Any service game that MS picked up from ABK and Bethedsa will still be going full multiplate as they are currently today.  If anything because MS has ABK and Bethesda with service games it only make sense to make SOT full multiplate to align with the rest of their service games.  I just do not see any real reason to care about those games going multiplate because if you did not know, MS is not just a console OEM.  

Also why would I care if I get any Nintendo of PS games on the Xbox.  If I wanted PS or Nintendo games, I would purchase those system which I have.  I purchase a Xbox for Xbox games, MS eco system and GP.  If a few games and services move to Sony, Its not going to hurt me in any way or form.  I play games for the fun of it not for any particular company.  

Why would Xbox hardware make or break MS if they are hardware agnostic. If that was the case MS would be losing hand and fist today but the company still makes a pretty good profit.  MS does not need Xbox hardware for streaming because just about everything can stream, from your TV, Phone, other consoles, tablets you name it.  Actually I see the same amount of developers skipping Xbox as they always have.  I also see a lot of developers still putting their games on GP.  Maybe we do not see the market the same.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Hasn't MachineGames released three turds in a row?

Esparadrapo said:
Ryuu96 said:

The last game they released was Youngblood and before that was Wolfenstein 1&2 which were both great games. 

Developer direct lineup is very exciting. I hope MS has finally figured it together for that 4 big AAA games a year goal they had going into this generation.

Esparadrapo said:
Ryuu96 said:

Youngblood was kind of a turd, but I think the whole GaaS RPG shooter thing was pushed on them by Zenimax leadership because they were struggling at the time financially and hoping that GaaS could make them some money. Cyberpilot was also kind of a meh VR experience from what I've heard, though I haven't played it myself. However, before those 2 missteps they released Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, which got like an 87 average score between it's original 3 platforms (with the less good late Switch port averaging 79 I believe). The preceding 2 Wolfenstein games got respectable scores as well, I believe an 80 average on The New Order and a 75 average on the cheap standalone expansion The Old Blood.

I think Machine has the potential to pull off an 80+ meta on Indiana Jones as long as the Xbox tax doesn't hit them too hard. Even 85+ might be possible, though less likely than when they were 3rd party thanks to the Xbox tax. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 January 2024

Xbox should shock drop Indy just to give a fuck you to reviewers after the Starfield situation