By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Edit: double post.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 29 October 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Took me around 16hrs to 100% it (one achievement bugged) and overall I think it was a pretty decent game. I loved playing as Saga a lot more than Alan who I kinda lost like for by the end. It’s Remedy’ most layered game ranging from ingenious to madness. Unfortunately tho, the backtracking is as used a bit to much, the bugs were present (including a game breaker at the end that required a chapter reload) and like I said … the ending is atrocious which is a damn shame coz the journey is great. I’d rate it a 7.5/10.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Just one PR disaster after another here this week, what are you even doing Xbox? 

shikamaru317 said:

Just one PR disaster after another here this week, what are you even doing Xbox? 

In some countries where many buy cheaper third party accessories, there might be more people getting this image as people still able to play lol. 

Disagree that this is a PR disaster, a number of the competitive shooter communities are welcoming the change.

The hardware cheating in some of the more popular FPS games on console is completely out of control

It's a reaction to the cheating situation, especially in shooters, this in theory should block popular cheating devices such as XIM and Cronus which are rampant in Call of Duty. Ubisoft/Activision/Bungie, etc, have been trying to deal with it for years. The issue is they've given every other manufacturer only like 3 weeks notice and this will essentially kill the Fighting Game Community as they heavily use 3rd party devices, many of which aren't "officially licensed" by Xbox.

The shooting community is happy about something being done about Cronus.

The fighting community are understandably unhappy.

Jez says they plan on opening up more "officially licensed" controllers but it's far too short notice, a lot of controllers will be defunct after the update and many of them not used for cheating. Surely it makes more sense to start allowing wireless third party approval and then announce a new huge wave of licensed for Xbox controllers and then do the ban. It's too extreme, too soon. I don't believe there are enough "officially licensed" controllers to make dealing with cheat controllers more beneficial than not.

Before the ban is enforced they should be ensuring that the most popular fighting sticks and gamepad controllers from 3rd parties are officially licensed and they need to look at it on a per country basis, France for example might have a different popular controller than America. Brook should already be approved and it's crazy that it isn't. Also if it doesn't already, becoming officially licensed should come at zero cost to the manufacturer. Delay the ban to next year, give 3rd party manufacturers more time to sort things out.

Dealing with cheaters shouldn't come at the cost of the fighting game community.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 October 2023

I don't think the idea itself is a bad one, but November 13th seems like way too short of a notice for something like this. An easy way to fix this is to push the date to the end of January or something.