By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think FTC's whole plan now is simply "annoy Microsoft to death" Lmao.

Embarrassment.

Maybe they think they can annoy Microsoft with legal fees  

Would not be surprised with this joke of a leadership if FTC is still battling Microsoft 2 years from now to undo the Activision-Blizzard acquisition.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

If they do it like this, I suppose they could do batches like...

• Batch 1 - Blizzard Arcade Collection, Crash Team Rumble, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, King's Quest, Prototype, Prototype 2, Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions, Singularity, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Starcraft Remastered, Stacraft II, Warcraft III.
  • Batch 2 - Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo III, Diablo IV.
  • Batch 3 - Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: WWII, Call of Duty Vanguard.
  • Batch 4 - Black Ops, Black Ops II, Black Ops III, Black Ops 4, Black Ops Cold War.
  • Batch 5 - Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare.
  • Batch 6 - Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare Remastered, Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3.
  • Batch 7 - Modern Warfare (2019), Modern Warfare II (2022), Modern Warfare III (2023).

Idk...Something like that, I'm still of the belief that most older titles will be dropped in ASAP.

Just drop older 360 games in one big batch. Then newer X1/Series X games in smaller batches maybe? Idk, I’d prefer they just drop a bunch of stuff at once in like one or two big batches instead of staggering for no real reason. 

Approval is unlikely to be today now as well.

I'm thinking it'll be next week, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Ryuu96 said:

It's a lot of effort to add in the opinions of third parties who told CMA 6 months ago that they approve of the deal.

Around the Network

I really don't know what happened to his relationship with Xbox, but they definitely goofed doing whatever they did to lose him. A non compete clause likely wouldn't prevent him from working at a 3rd party multiplat studio after leaving, this strongly suggests he is going to make a game for Nintendo or Sony. The whole thing just doesn't make sense, he said that he wanted to train up the next generation of developers at Tango before retiring, but he also said he wanted to make one final dream game before retiring, then he left Xbox. So did Xbox deny him the chance to make his dream game then, try to force him to make Evil Within 3 next or something? Whatever happened to spoil the relationship, it definitely seems like a big goof on Xbox's part to lose Mikami, he could have proven a valuable asset for convincing other JP studios that being acquired by Xbox would be a good thing, as well as valuable asset for JP recruiting purposes if Xbox decided to expand Tango or open a brand new from the ground up JP studio, not to mention the bad optics of losing him to apparently a competitor.

Guy straight up didn’t want to work under MS lol. Christ MS’ Rep in Japan is terrible.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Geez, this would be the 5th expansion lol. Age of Empires 1 DE is dead at this point since the last expansion ported everything from AoE 1 to AoE 2.

shikamaru317 said:

I really don't know what happened to his relationship with Xbox, but they definitely goofed doing whatever they did to lose him. A non compete clause likely wouldn't prevent him from working at a 3rd party multiplat studio after leaving, this strongly suggests he is going to make a game for Nintendo or Sony. The whole thing just doesn't make sense, he said that he wanted to train up the next generation of developers at Tango before retiring, but he also said he wanted to make one final dream game before retiring, then he left Xbox. So did Xbox deny him the chance to make his dream game then, try to force him to make Evil Within 3 next or something? Whatever happened to spoil the relationship, it definitely seems like a big goof on Xbox's part to lose Mikami, he could have proven a valuable asset for convincing other JP studios that being acquired by Xbox would be a good thing, as well as valuable asset for JP recruiting purposes if Xbox decided to expand Tango or open a brand new from the ground up JP studio, not to mention the bad optics of losing him to apparently a competitor.

That's one of the worst beards I've ever seen.

Also isn't this the guy that's been wanting to leave Tango for a while now and was basically just waiting for the right time?

Angelus said:
shikamaru317 said:

That's one of the worst beards I've ever seen.

Also isn't this the guy that's been wanting to leave Tango for a while now and was basically just waiting for the right time?

Yeah, it's called a chinstrap beard, was popular in the 1800's, perhaps most famously worn by Abraham Lincoln at certain points in his life:

It was out of style for like 100+ years, but tried to make a comeback recently thanks to some celebrities wearing it such as British Rapper Stormzy and British F1 driver Lewis Hamilton. Definitely ugly. 

He was talking about retiring for years and said he was training up a new generation of game directors to replace him, which is why he had John Johanas direct Evil Within 2 and HiFi Rush, and had Kenji Kimura direct Ghostwire Tokyo. But then after years of talking about retirement, in 2020 he stated that he wanted to make one last game, and he said the same again in 2022. He said he wanted complete creative control over said game from beginning to end, so I guess that Xbox didn't give him the level of creative control he wanted or something, because he left Tango and Xbox in February earlier this year. Now he is saying that his non-compete clause is over so he can make his next game.