By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Forgot Towerborne, Smh.

Add on Goldeneye HD, Age of Empires II and IV for Xbox and Quake II HD.

Honestly if Redfall wasn't such a dud then people would be talking about how this was an incredible year for Xbox.

Yeah, XGS stands a good chance of a top 3 finish on Metacritic's Publisher rankings for 2023 I'd say. I think everything XGS released except for Minecraft Legends reviewed 80+, so they should average over 80 for the year I think. Bethesda won't perform quite as well on the rankings since Redfall was a 50 something on both PC and Xbox and Starfield got cheated by many critics, but they will still average over 75 for the year I think thanks to high 80's on HiFi, mid 80's on Starfield, 90 on Quake 2 Remastered PC and Xbox and 84 on PS5, and 82 on Ghostwire Xbox port. 

So yeah, with Xbox averaging over 80 on metacritic for the year, and Bethesda over 75 for the year, I'd say Xbox Game Studios has a shot at top 3 on the Publisher rankings, and Bethesda top 10. 

It's a bit useless that Metacritic separates XGS and BGS for their Publisher rankings, like I get it from a business perspective, that XGS and BGS are technically separate and also publish their own stuff but they're both still under Microsoft Gaming and last I checked, Metacritic doesn't own Xbox so I'm not sure why they're following their business angle, Lol.

Maybe that's what Microsoft Gaming will do in the future, the publishing structures and listed on the physical copies of games or intros will be Microsoft Gaming > Xbox Game Studios and Microsoft Gaming > Bethesda Softworks, Metacritic could even do one for Bethesda Softworks, one for Xbox Game Studios and then one for Microsoft Gaming as a whole.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 October 2023

Around the Network

Also makes less sense when Take-Two Interactive is listed as a whole and not Rockstar/2K Games separately, despite the fact that Take-Two doesn't technically publish anything and is just the holding company, in the same way as Microsoft Gaming. Therefore it should be Microsoft Gaming listed encompassing Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda Softworks, not XGS and BS separated.

Ryuu96 said:

Favourite Halo?

Halo: Combat Evolved 5 21.74%

Halo 2 6 26.09%

Halo 3 7 30.43%

Halo Wars 0 0%

Halo 3: ODST 2 8.70%

Halo: Reach 2 8.70%

Halo 4 0 0%

Halo 5: Guardians 0 0%

Halo Wars 2 0 0%

Halo Infinite 1 4.35%

Total: 23

The result of the poll clearly indicates how Bungie era Halo is miles ahead of anything 343 came up with once they took over.

Ryuu96 said:

Great news if true. Hopefully we'll see the fruits of it next year.

I've only played Gears 4 and 5, but I agree with most posts that the next Gears should be linear. Open world in 5 did nothing to add to the game experience, it was just there and I felt like it was totally pointless. The game would be better off without it. Also don't like this trend of making everything open world. Coalition can definitely come up with great Gears entry without making it open world. I think the question whether Gears 6 will be a massive step up in the series or not depends more on what they do to refresh core gameplay rather than open world vs linear.

Linear Gears is the best

Around the Network

okay, but can we hear from the 3 people that voted to make it open world? lol

Open world Gears 5 > linear Gears 4.

I didn't mind the open world aspect in Gears 5 but do we really need it? No.

Why the heck does that Robocop game look so good :D

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Barozi said:

Open world Gears 5 > linear Gears 4.

I didn't mind the open world aspect in Gears 5 but do we really need it? No.

Well... I think the poll should've included a 3rd option like "semi-linear hubs" or "mixed" if we're counting Gears 5 like that.  Because I'd be down for a structure similar to TLOU Pt. II's in that case: linear -> open-area Seattle -> mostly linear but areas feeling more expansive.