By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Anybody picking up Harry Goated in 9 days?

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 01 February 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Day one $80 Deluxe edition here, the most I have ever spent on a game at launch, the previous record being the $70 I spent on Halo 3 Limited Edition at launch I believe. My 2nd most anticipated game of the year after Starfield. 

I am a bit concerned that Xbox Store has the Hogwarts Legacy deluxe edition release date listed as February 9th, Deluxe edition is supposed to have 3 days early access, release on February 7th.

VersusEvil said:

Nah, buying games day 1 is for suckers lol. But hopefully it's good, and then I'll pick it up in the near future.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
VersusEvil said:

Nah, buying games day 1 is for suckers lol. But hopefully it's good, and then I'll pick it up in the near future.

Generally speaking I agree with this. I only buy a game day one if it's on my highest hype tier and also not on Gamepass at launch. The past 5 years or so the only AAA games I bought day one were Cyberpunk 2077, Borderlands 3, and now Hogwarts Legacy. Halo Infinite and Starfield would have been/be day ones for me were it not for day one Gamepass on them. Before Borderlands 3 in 2019 my last day one purchases were Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and Halo 5 I believe, all 3 in 2015.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 February 2023

DroidKnight said:

Number of games in that sale is patheticly low =p

Chinese videogame developers are said to have recently given some positive feedback to China regulators in regard to Microsoft's (NASDAQ:MSFT) planned acquisition of Activision (NASDAQ:ATVI).

The developers told China's State Administration for Market Regulation that they don't believe the megadeal would cause significant competition issues, according to traders, who cited a Capitol Forum report circulating on Wednesday. Activision's market share in China is small.

Chinese game developers said to give positive feedback on Activision/Microsoft | Seeking Alpha

Ryuu96 said:

Yet another FTC L which could help Microsoft.

Lina is really destroying FTC's credibility. Losing a case against an actual market leader, what chance do they have against one who is being destroyed by their competition? Lol. Please stop this madness and start negotiations with Microsoft.

FTC could do good, they have done good, blocking companies from doing shitty noncompete clauses is a brilliant move but this insistence on going after cases which everyone knows they have no chance against because there is nothing illegal or market abusing about them, only to waste everyone's time and taxpayer money is absolutely destroying their credibility.

An expected L but still good to see made official. 

If the FTC needs to go after any company for a monopoly they should go after Ticketmaster. Even if CoD became Xbox/PC exclusive it wouldn't be enough to help Xbox dominate in the console market. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.