By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

That’s a yikes from me and really brings back my worry about this being a primarily co-op game that can be “played” solo. My exciting has gone back down to 40%.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Yet another FTC L which could help Microsoft.

Lina is really destroying FTC's credibility. Losing a case against an actual market leader, what chance do they have against one who is being destroyed by their competition? Lol. Please stop this madness and start negotiations with Microsoft.

FTC could do good, they have done good, blocking companies from doing shitty noncompete clauses is a brilliant move but this insistence on going after cases which everyone knows they have no chance against because there is nothing illegal or market abusing about them, only to waste everyone's time and taxpayer money is absolutely destroying their credibility.

Around the Network
ice said:

Bethesda's official Redfall FAQ has been updated since last week's Developer Direct showcase (which gave us a deep dive into the upcoming FPS), confirming you'll need to be online to play the game. "A persistent online connection is required for single player and co-op," it states, although no reason is offered for Redfall's always-online nature. The FAQ also confirms that you'll need a Bethesda account linked to your Xbox Gamertag in order to play the game.

Redfall will require "persistent online connection," even for solo play (trueachievements.com)

Seems like an odd choice but personally I only game while being connected so idk, not as big as an issue in 2023. This does suck for people/countries that don't have a stable internet connection

Xbox one vision is still alive Kappa

Doesn't really bother me we had Outriders that was a solid SP game having an internet connection requirement then we have the like of Forza Horizon with tons of online features that is a blast to play solo and last time I actually gamed offline was when the PS2 was in it's prime.

I do think it will hurt the perception of the game and review scores because of it though so it's an odd choice on their part.

WoodenPints said:
ice said:

Bethesda's official Redfall FAQ has been updated since last week's Developer Direct showcase (which gave us a deep dive into the upcoming FPS), confirming you'll need to be online to play the game. "A persistent online connection is required for single player and co-op," it states, although no reason is offered for Redfall's always-online nature. The FAQ also confirms that you'll need a Bethesda account linked to your Xbox Gamertag in order to play the game.

Redfall will require "persistent online connection," even for solo play (trueachievements.com)

Seems like an odd choice but personally I only game while being connected so idk, not as big as an issue in 2023. This does suck for people/countries that don't have a stable internet connection

Xbox one vision is still alive Kappa

Doesn't really bother me we had Outriders that was a solid SP game having an internet connection requirement then we have the like of Forza Horizon with tons of online features that is a blast to play solo and last time I actually gamed offline was when the PS2 was in it's prime.

I do think it will hurt the perception of the game and review scores because of it though so it's an odd choice on their part.

First it was co-op story progress being exclusively tied to the host and now this. Hopefully there’s no more bad news prior to the launch lol 

gtotheunit91 said:
WoodenPints said:

First it was co-op story progress being exclusively tied to the host and now this. Hopefully there’s no more bad news prior to the launch lol 

For real? That is such archaic co-op design. Might need to go lower my prediction in the league a bit, this double whammy of bad news has me doubting it's ability to score 80+. I also just saw that the PC system requirements seem unreasonably high, the minimum GPU requirement is a roughly 6 tflop GPU, 2 tflops more than Series S, and it has to be the 8 GB of VRAM version of that card, not the 4GB variant, and the minimum is also 16 GB of system RAM, which makes me think the PC port won't be very well optimized at all, which will definitely hurt it's score with PC focused critics.

Edit: The minimum system requirement is actually above Forspoken, which was attacked by PC fans for being a poorly optimized port by Square Enix. Just checked PC Part Picker and the cheapest system I could build to meet the minimum Redfall spec was about $550.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 February 2023

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

For real? That is such archaic co-op design. Might need to go lower my prediction in the league a bit, this double whammy of bad news has me doubting it's ability to score 80+. I also just saw that the PC system requirements seem unreasonably high, the minimum GPU requirement is a roughly 6 tflop GPU, 2 tflops more than Series S, and it has to be the 8 GB of VRAM version of that card, not the 4GB variant, and the minimum is also 16 GB of system RAM, which makes me think the PC port won't be very well optimized at all, which will definitely hurt it's score with PC focused critics.

Yeah it was said in a sit down interview they revealed that info. The PC requirements are decent but nowhere near as bad as Deathloop! It was clear the devs were trying to brute force decent performance. Redfall isn’t as bad, especially for an open world game. 

Here’s the link for Arkane revealing progress being tied to the host https://www.eurogamer.net/redfalls-campaign-progress-is-only-tied-to-the-host-in-co-op