By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 5 31.25%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 11 68.75%

Total:16

Oh, nvm. The gunvolt DLC is actually a total crap.

Around the Network

PS6 and Next-Gen Xbox Not Expected to Launch Until Fall 2028 at the Earliest

So, do you all think this will be the longest gen so far?

Any personal estimations on how long you think it will last?

We'll have Series X Pro (XP for short, Lol).

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 November 2022

Ryuu96 said:

Xbox 360 to Xbox One was 8 years.

Xbox Series X came out in 2020 so if the next gen Xbox comes out in 2028, it'll be right around the same time frame.

If a Series X Pro comes out, I'll likely get that.

There's a rumor that a PS5 slim could come out next year so here's hoping for refreshes.

BasilZero said:
Ryuu96 said:

Xbox 360 to Xbox One was 8 years.

Xbox Series X came out in 2020 so if the next gen Xbox comes out in 2028, it'll be right around the same time frame.

If a Series X Pro comes out, I'll likely get that.

There's a rumor that a PS5 slim could come out next year so here's hoping for refreshes.

Be shocked if they could get Series X Slim

Maybe they should release an all-digital Series X, I've not used my disc drive once.

Ryuu96 said:

Be shocked if they could get Series X Slim

Maybe they should release an all-digital Series X, I've not used my disc drive once.

We need Slim Series S though, still too big. That would be nice. And with 1TB storage and (hopefully, support for external disc drive)

Around the Network

2028 is only 1 year longer than the previous generation and is the same length between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One at 8 years. An extra year or 2 makes sense with the slow transition when it comes to software releases. Despite the fact the Xbox Series X|S is the fastest selling Xbox generation and the PS5 would be ahead of the PS4 if it wasn't for the shortages. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Ryuu96 said:

Holiday 2029 for PS6 and Xbox Series 2 imo. Recently leaked that Sony is planning PS5 Pro for 2025, and I don't think they will release a Pro less than 4 years before PS6. Xbox will probably release mid-gen refreshes in 2025, same as PS5 Pro, Slim versions for Series S and X, and a 3rd, more powerful model called Series E or something (E for extreme, lol).

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Holiday 2029 for PS6 and Xbox Series 2 imo. Recently leaked that Sony is planning PS5 Pro for 2025, and I don't think they will release a Pro less than 4 years before PS6. Xbox will probably release mid-gen refreshes in 2025, same as PS5 Pro, Slim versions for Series S and X, and a 3rd, more powerful model called Series E or something (E for extreme, lol).

If Series E as you call it indeed happens at some point, I don’t think we’ll see both Slim models for Series X and S. It just will make the lineup very confusing. I think that Microsoft will either make Slim Series S as baseline or Slim Series X as baseline. There always will be two consoles in the lineup - one for value and one for the maximum performance. Having three consoles in lineup doesn’t make sense. Because it’s not clear what is the purpose of the one in the middle

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Series EX (Enhanced X)

Xbox SEX

Alright fellow Xbots. I did it. I played through all of Persona 5. I did my part. Never ask anything of me ever again, thank you.