By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Discussion Thread – The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event

S.Peelman said:
mZuzek said:

A Link to the Past

Wrong, actually.

(The other ones were right)

Around the Network
drbunnig said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

27) Reaching for the moon
Hint 2: Or at least that's where you end up. You also collect a lot of smaller moons along the way.

Not sure if this has been answered yet as reliability here is a bit spotty right now, but I imagine this is Super Mario Odyssey.

Not as far as I can tell and correct!

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

A Link to the Past

Wrong, actually.

Then I'm coming in with the steal and saying A Link Between Worlds?

Darashiva said:

Next set of hints now that we're back.

-Remake part 1 of 3

-The culmination of a story spanning seven other games across three different nations and dozens of characters

-Or you could just wait a week to progress

-A kingdom of insects

-With civil war in full bloom, you must first find all your friends from the previous game before you can do something about the conflict

24) Trails of Cold Steel IV?

22) Maybe Bug Fables?

S.Peelman said:

Okay so because of certain 'antics' these past two days, my schedule's all messed up. I'll throw in a whole bunch of hints at once, but I plan to post up to #27, maybe #26 if it's guessed already, this evening. So that means #28 and #27 will have to do with few hints. I won't make them too hard at first then. Luckily #30 and #29 had already been guessed previously.

31 - In real life, getting cockroaches in your hotel room would be bad, but here, it's completely doomed and you'll need to demolish the rooms and rebuild them.
Hint 2: To prevent this, you'll need to also build cleaning centres, which are as big as two single rooms plus a double room, and connect them with service elevators.
Hint 3: The Hotel rooms are good for your economy though, because they'll give you a bit of money every morning, while Condos only earn money when they're sold and Office spaces only earn money at longer intervals.
Hint 4: Besides those spaces, you can fill your building with Shops and Restaurants, and utilities like Garbage Disposal. You'll also have to top it off with a nice looking house of worship.

30 - Shouldn't rock the boat because someone will puke.
Hint 2: Because you'll really make him sea-sick. Guessed by Darashiva - Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness

29 - Though there's a strategy in the order of things, I feel like the metal is just good against everything anyway. Guessed by Darashiva - Mega Man 2

28 - A 'good' sword and a 'bad' sword. The bad sword's cooler if you ask me, but this game takes its name from the good sword.

27 - This iconic war-game features a level that is set in a town that exists in real life. A well-known TV mini-series also features an episode in this town and even though they're unrelated, both depictions look very similar.

26 - Modelled after 60s spy movies, but when the developers initially designed the protagonist to be male, they thought it all would look a little too much like James Bond so they chose a female protagonist instead.

25 - Halfway through the list some of you are probably thinking "how has there still not been a game from this series, this series of all series in S.Peelman's list?" Well, here is one.

24 - The box-art of this game depicts a sequence that's used as the exciting intro for this game, which happens to actually be a flashback from the story halfway through the game.

23 - The great soundtrack that sounds a little like wedding dance music and the 'secret' (but not really secret) storybook backstory make this game stand above its equally acclaimed sequel for me.

Got quite a few guesses here:

28) SoulCalibur?

26) Perfect Dark?

25) I think I can guess what series, but the game might be trickier... Wind Waker?

23) Super Mario Galaxy?

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Darashiva said:

Next set of hints now that we're back.

-Remake part 1 of 3

-The culmination of a story spanning seven other games across three different nations and dozens of characters

-Or you could just wait a week to progress

-A kingdom of insects

-With civil war in full bloom, you must first find all your friends from the previous game before you can do something about the conflict

24) Trails of Cold Steel IV?

22) Maybe Bug Fables?

24 is correct, 22 is not.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

A Link to the Past

Wrong, actually.

A Link Between Worlds.

EDIT: Awww.

S.Peelman said:

26 - Modelled after 60s spy movies, but when the developers initially designed the protagonist to be male, they thought it all would look a little too much like James Bond so they chose a female protagonist instead.

No One Lives Forever?

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Got quite a few guesses here:

28) SoulCalibur?

26) Perfect Dark?

25) I think I can guess what series, but the game might be trickier... Wind Waker?

23) Super Mario Galaxy?

Good job.

28 is correct! Obviously talking about SoulEdge and SoulCalibur.

26, is not. Could have been given te hint but the 60s style is more in your face.

25, series is correct, but the game isn’t.

23 is also correct! I love the observatory, way better than the Mario head in the sequel.

drbunnig said:
S.Peelman said:

No One Lives Forever?

And while I posted the other post you come swooping in with the correct answer for 26!

#36 (incorrect guesses - A Short Hike)
- Do you want to go hiking or mountain climbing?
- I killed him earlier, why’s he still on the floor? Oh well, I’ll walk past and… no, wait, he’s alive, and more deadly than before.
- Opening that door is a riskier move this time around.

- The guy who dies shortly after you arrive on location shares his name with a guy who suffers a similar fate in a movie franchise that no doubt influenced this game.
- Whether you get more puzzles or more combat depends on which team mate you choose to follow at certain points.
- Made in the same mould as another, more popular series from the same developer. Although this game utilises 3D environments, which the other series hadn't done at this point in time.

- Smelling of urine isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
- And looking at the guard’s butts can be advantageous at one point too.
- You could run into issues early on if you haven't got the case.

- Now you have to collect stat points and equipment upgrades, rather than finding / earning the money to do so.
- Features the first appearance in the series of a person better known for featuring on a stunt / prank show.

- Features a soundtrack of original songs from fictional bands, that was also available on a separate CD.
- This game, its expansion, and its first numbered sequel, are all currently unavailable to buy. Bit of surprise given the popularity of the franchise. Surely not the developer looking down on them?

- This game was named differently depending on the region of release. The recent re-release combined these two names in a way that is pretty clever when you think about it
- One of the original titles shares its name with an iconic heavy metal album. The theme of this game is also the same as the album cover. Surely not a coincidence.

- After seeing what the ghost in the party hat did to his flatter self, perhaps our hero wanted a piece of that action 13 years later.

- There’s more toilets this time round.

- Revisiting the levels post game with another character is more unique this time round.

- Everyone who has played this has surely experienced heartbreak in the engine room.

- You can trust those little simians in the opening level, but after that they’re going to start attacking you.

My list so far