By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anybody see this Nintendomination coming?

Oh yes,welcome to VGChartz,lazyrider.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

well when they showed ds i knew it will be same success as gameboy family and when they showed that they will go same way with wii i knew it will be atleast more succesful than gamecube, but i didn't know it will succed so fast with so huge sales.

@waron your lifetime Wii sales are impossible. It would have to maintain 20 million per year sales pace for 10 years to reach those figures of around 200 million.
I say 120 million for the Wii would even be pushing it.

If the Wii reaches 100 million that would be a lot but I think it will do it barely.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

No way, I did expect the Wii to do better than the GC but not by much tbh. The DS? I was fairly certain it would do well for two reasons;

1: It was/is just cool and fun to play

2: No Ninty handheld (edit: handheld, period) has really had staggering sales numbers so I figured it was about time.

Around the Network
lazyrider said:
Thanks for the welcome (as you can see I don't have many posts and that can be an issue on this site as I've been called a troll once or twice already...).

And not surprised to see that you two hadn't seen this coming either...

I haven't checked your history (and honestly I'm too lazy), but people tend to throw troll out rather liberally around here.  Basically if you bring bad tidings to a console you are considered a troll...and if you do it with a smirk on your face you might even have someone report you.

But don't worry about it.  The mods here are very good and will even come to your aid if someone is falsely accusing you of being a troll.

That being said, if you get a pm from one of them then you've definitely crossed the line and need to tone it down (I've somehow never gotten one of those pms...lol).

I thought I'd walk into the store a couple days after the Wii launch and snag one. Who wanted a Wii? The PS3 had all of the media attention, and hype. Boy, was I a fool. Couldn't get a Wii until 7 months later!

I'm gonna go ahead and buck the trend here.

Yes, I saw it coming. A friend of mine and I planned for MONTHS to camp out for the Wii. We knew it would be big, and as such, we bought extra consoles and made a hefty profit on them. We didn't just do this at launch, but the NEXT CHRISTMAS too.

Nintendo had learned from there mistakes and it was clear to me that with the success of the DS, they finally found their stride that they were lacking since the SNES days.

So far they've played this generation PERFECTLY. I don't think they could've asked for a better playout of this generation. Sony and MS both calling them a fad, and then having their motion controls copied (MS to come). Mimicry is the most sincere form of flattery. Yet, Nintendo is humble enough not to call them out on it.

Minus the occasional Reggie comment, Nintendo really doesn't get in to this penis measuring contest, because they're confident enough to know they're the biggest whether they whip it out or not.

Currently playing: Civ 6

As far as I can see, there is no Nintendomination.

Nintendo used to have 100% of the handheld market, now they lost 1/3 of that business to Sony's PSP.

Nintendo Wii is doing pretty good on the living room consoles market with close to 45% but it's nowhere close to what the PS2 did/is still doing.

Also, Wii's lifetime is most likely going to be shorter than 360 and PS3 due to it's non-HD characteristics so Nintendo will have to migrate a lot of "casual" users into a new console. It will not be an easy task for Nintendo.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Well Pre-E306 i definitely was off the nintendo horse, and didn't think they had a chance of getting me as a consumer.. my eye was pretty much fixed on a PS3 at that time, surprisingly it was mainly because of the false dream which resulted from the FFVII techdemo...
post-E3 - didn't give a shit about ps3 due to the fact that not one thing interested me in the slightest amount during their show, at the same time my interest in the new nintendo console skyrocketted, but again, at this point in time, i would have had no idea that so many others would have held the same opinion as me so soon after its launch