By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (To September 30th 2022) Switch 114.33 million

Darwinianevolution said:

So with Pokemon Scarlet Violet out of the way, what are the next big sellers for the Switch next year?

Metroid Prime 4 if it ever release, also Zelda sequel Tears of the Kingdom.

Around the Network

Also Pikmin 4 is releasing next year, Hopefully it'll sell 8 million wishful thinking TeeHee

Zelda is obviously the big title from Nintendo for 2023 (I am not worried about the release getting pushed back further since the game was recently rated in Korea). Other than that, Engage & Pikmin 4 should do good numbers for their series, and perhaps break records for their respective series. Not expecting either to be like Splatoon 3 or SV though. Other than maybe a new Mario game, I don't see many big 10 million+ sellers releasing on Switch in 2023 outside of Zelda. Makes m,e wish Legends was pushed to Holiday 2022 and SV was pushed to Holiday 2023. We will see what they have planned though! Hopefully Prime 4 releases next year. I could see it hitting 5 million.

Torpoleon said:

Zelda is obviously the big title from Nintendo for 2023 (I am not worried about the release getting pushed back further since the game was recently rated in Korea). Other than that, Engage & Pikmin 4 should do good numbers for their series, and perhaps break records for their respective series. Not expecting either to be like Splatoon 3 or SV though. Other than maybe a new Mario game, I don't see many big 10 million+ sellers releasing on Switch in 2023 outside of Zelda. Makes m,e wish Legends was pushed to Holiday 2022 and SV was pushed to Holiday 2023. We will see what they have planned though! Hopefully Prime 4 releases next year. I could see it hitting 5 million.

And 3rd parties ports, We heard Borderlands 3 gonna be on Nintendo Switch, and Hopefully Genshin Impact makes it to Switch next year?

@SegaHeart True, but I was mostly looking at big sellers for 2023. I'm sure they will sell well on Switch but not the level of games like Splatoon 3 or SV or soon to be TOTK.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:
Darwinianevolution said:

So with Pokemon Scarlet Violet out of the way, what are the next big sellers for the Switch next year?

SegaHeart said:

Also Pikmin 4 is releasing next year, Hopefully it'll sell 8 million wishful thinking TeeHee

I would like to think that, if Luigi's Mansion 3 can sell 10m+, Pikmin 4 on Switch can manage 8m with a lot of advertising, but I'm not sure.  I do think it'll become the best selling Pikmin title, almost certainly.

There is also a lot of talk about a new DK game too, which Nintendo did make a point to promote him a bit during the Mario movie Direct (plus, there's the theme park DK addition).  And speaking of the Mario movie, I'd bet that something "Mario" will release next year as well.

Definitely expecting another healthy year of Switch sales in 2023; well over 15m shipped, and that's without a new redesign of the Switch coming out.

archbrix said:
SegaHeart said:

SegaHeart said:

I would like to think that, if Luigi's Mansion 3 can sell 10m+, Pikmin 4 on Switch can manage 8m with a lot of advertising, but I'm not sure.  I do think it'll become the best selling Pikmin title, almost certainly.

There is also a lot of talk about a new DK game too, which Nintendo did make a point to promote him a bit during the Mario movie Direct (plus, there's the theme park DK addition).  And speaking of the Mario movie, I'd bet that something "Mario" will release next year as well.

Definitely expecting another healthy year of Switch sales in 2023; well over 15m shipped, and that's without a new redesign of the Switch coming out.

Torpoleon said:

@SegaHeart True, but I was mostly looking at big sellers for 2023. I'm sure they will sell well on Switch but not the level of games like Splatoon 3 or SV or soon to be TOTK.

Also the rumor of a 2D mario if it's true? Would be choice hopefully if its true it should try to advertise it like New Super Mario Bros Wii from 7th generation wink

Darwinianevolution said:

Fire Emblem: Engage in January and Kirby: Return to Dream Land Deluxe in February will probably sell 2-3 million each then The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in May which will sell over 20 million. Other than that Pikmin 4 is announced for next year but no set date and that will probably sell 2-3 million as well. That’s all Nintendo currently has announced for next year.

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 03 December 2022

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Fire Emblem: Engage in January and Kirby: Return to Dream Land Deluxe in February will probably sell 2-3 million each then The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in May which will sell over 20 million. Other than that Pokemon 4 is announced for next year but no set date and that will probably sell 2-3 million as well. That’s all Nintendo currently has announced for next year.

Pokemon 2 is my favourite.

Norion said:
zorg1000 said:

Fire Emblem: Engage in January and Kirby: Return to Dream Land Deluxe in February will probably sell 2-3 million each then The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in May which will sell over 20 million. Other than that Pokemon 4 is announced for next year but no set date and that will probably sell 2-3 million as well. That’s all Nintendo currently has announced for next year.

Pokemon 2 is my favourite.

Haha whoops meant Pikmin

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.