By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War Ragnarok reviews in!

Are you getting GoW Ragnarok?

Yes, was always going to. 46 68.66%

Yes, now that I see the reviews are so good. 0 0%

Yes, but I’ll wait for a price drop. 10 14.93%

Yes, I’m buying a PS5 for this game. 0 0%

No 11 16.42%

Total:67
TruckOSaurus said:

Is it just me or does the map suck balls? You can't see anything, I'd like to zoom in a lot closer.

I thought it was pretty good. The pointer of where youre supposed to go is a bit shit though.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Is it just me or does the map suck balls? You can't see anything, I'd like to zoom in a lot closer.

Not just you. I keep thinking I'm pressing the wrong button but it's already at max zoom. Also why does it take so long for the map to appear when you open it. No magic SSD there.

SvennoJ said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Not just you. I keep thinking I'm pressing the wrong button but it's already at max zoom. Also why does it take so long for the map to appear when you open it. No magic SSD there.

The map appears in less than a second for me on PS5. 

Just beat the main story today (bought the game on launch day). This is definitely one of my favorite games (definitely top 3). I liked GOW 2018, but found this one so much more exciting (of course it helps that I played Ragnarok when it came out as opposed to playing GOW 2018 for the first time just last year). The story was very gripping and had me tearing up at multiple times.

Still have to do postgame stuff, so there's still more left. All the praise this game receives is well deserved. It is my GOTY for 2022 (honestly haven't played a game this good since RDR2, which is my all time favorite). Hope it wins GOTY at the Game Awards! Good thing Zelda isn't releasing the same year as Ragnarok.

TruckOSaurus said:

Yes, the map does suck and is a quibble I have had with the game as I also would love to zoom in more.  At least it does help you know if you forgot something within each particular area by selecting it but thats about all.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Yes, the map does suck and is a quibble I have had with the game as I also would love to zoom in more.  At least it does help you know if you forgot something within each particular area by selecting it but thats about all.

Yeah the checklists are very useful indeed.

Signature goes here!

Blood_Tears said:
SvennoJ said:

Why is there a delay? I'm playing on ps5 as well and often it feels much longer than a second. The screen appears, map is blank, then it starts drawing it in. Just pop the map up, it's nothing but a bitmap.

SvennoJ said:
Blood_Tears said:

Why is there a delay? I'm playing on ps5 as well and often it feels much longer than a second. The screen appears, map is blank, then it starts drawing it in. Just pop the map up, it's nothing but a bitmap.

Hmm, I do not experience this.  The map usually pops up pretty quickly on my PS5.  At least it pops up fast enough where I have not noticed any delays.

TruckOSaurus said:

The map isn't that good, but also doesn't get in my way at all, what I need I can see with or without zoom and mark the point I want to go, the omission I would put is being able to select an empty area for beacon.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SvennoJ said:
Blood_Tears said:

I have seem this issue as well and some other similar ones as if that portion of the code run as if on PS4 instead of being faster.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."