By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft's Blizzard deal, fans should be worried

zero129 said:
Kyuu said:

They're happy about the immediate value it adds to Game Pass without overthinking its long term consequences or the economics behind it. More major acquisitions means more major free games at no additional costs, or so it's presumed.

Personally, I don't care about services (like the vast majority of PC and Playstation gamers currently don't), so I would have certainly preferred Microsoft using the $80 billion they spent to instead establish new studios, expand their existing studios, and acquire/fund smaller talented developers and projects. But Game Pass fans have other ideas.

Ahh the OP is a PS gamer. And clearly PC gamers dont care as we get all the games anyways. Dont know why you think most PS gamers dont care  when they are in (At least the small vocal few on this site) every thread or article that has to do with this deal crying from the roof how its so bad..

They are (rightly) concerned about major acquisitions, but they (like most PC and Nintendo gamers) don't find much value in services. Only a tiny fraction of non-Xbox gamers subscribe to services like Game Pass.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

Ahh the OP is a PS gamer. And clearly PC gamers dont care as we get all the games anyways. Dont know why you think most PS gamers dont care  when they are in (At least the small vocal few on this site) every thread or article that has to do with this deal crying from the roof how its so bad..

They are (rightly) concerned about major acquisitions, but they (like most PC and Nintendo gamers) don't find much value in services. Only a tiny fraction of non-Xbox gamers subscribe to services like Game Pass.

Talk about changing it around. If they didnt care about services why is so many of them signed up to PS+??.

zero129 said:
Kyuu said:

Talk about changing it around. If they didnt care about services why is so many of them signed up to PS+??.

Because PS+ is required for multiplayer.

PotentHerbs said:
Sogreblute said:

Looking at Xbox's games these past few years compared to Playstation it seems Xbox is more diverse. Playstation used to be very diverse but they completely deviated to mainly a single formula. 

That's what happens when your blockbuster, narrative driven, single player games dominate the conversation; exclusives like Dreams, Concrete Genie, MLB The Show, GT7, Astro's Playroom, Returnal, Sackboy, get overshadowed, and its even worse for smaller titles like Kena, SiFu, Stray, F.I.S.T., Chicory.

That's a good list of games, Astro, Returnal, and Kena are all fantastic. 

Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

Because PS+ is required for multiplayer.

And? how many of them same PS gamers praised Sonys answer to gamepass?. Not only that if like you say so many xbox gamers care just since its gamepass why didnt they all sub to the service then?. the was what 50 mill xbox ones last gen?. 

Clearly this has nothing to do with PS gamers not caring about this deal and only xbox gamepass gamers, as Ps gamers very much care about this deal as this deal is great for Xbox users and Pc users and gamepass users. OP is just re using another thread for the sake of it and making console waring. you cant see that sorry for you.

Around the Network

Ya know since this clone topic seems to be left alive i got a great idea for my next topic. Lets see how everyone enjoys it.

Kyuu said:

They're happy about the immediate value it adds to Game Pass without overthinking its long term consequences or the economics behind it. More major acquisitions means more major free games at no additional costs, or so it's presumed.

Personally, I don't care about services (like the vast majority of PC, Playstation, and Nintendo gamers currently don't), so I would have certainly preferred Microsoft using the $80 billion they spent to instead establish new studios, expand their existing studios, and acquire/fund smaller talented developers and projects. But Game Pass fans have other ideas.

Honestly, I can't fault Xbox owners for being excited about these acquisitions and what it adds to GamePass, but I do think many overlook the long term impact it will have on this industry. 

By the next decade, every platform including Xbox, will have significantly less titles available to them because of consolidation. Just look at Sony hiring Uber's anti trust lawyer for their gaming unit, Tencent looking to aggressively acquire studios, or Disney and Amazon being linked to an EA buyout. Microsoft will not be the only major player making massive publisher acquisitions, they were just the first to do so. 

KratosLives said:
zero129 said:

Wow talk about a shitty flame bait thread.. Did we not just have one of the same kind of threads not long ago??. How you can do them mental gymnastics to say this isnt good for xbox gamers is beyond me with such week points. This deal is perfect for Xbox gamers and PC gamers so i am all for it.

So I guess you were one of those oblivious ones and was content with the offering last gen . Yeah it's good to have more games on gamepass, but you'll be getting less exclusives than what you should be getting. If you own multiple consoles it's no issue, but if I was strictly on xbox i'd be pissed.

How does that make any sense at all. More exclusives are being developed than if they didn't acquire any studios. 

smroadkill15 said:
KratosLives said:

So I guess you were one of those oblivious ones and was content with the offering last gen . Yeah it's good to have more games on gamepass, but you'll be getting less exclusives than what you should be getting. If you own multiple consoles it's no issue, but if I was strictly on xbox i'd be pissed.

How does that make any sense at all. More exclusives are being developed than if they didn't acquire any studios. 

It makes no sense at all just like his OP. Clearly this whole thread is a clone flame bait topic to begin with. But hey since some people get away with this shit just wait for my next thread its going to be golden.

I fucking despise the aqusition shit but since IDGAF about activision. They are shit anyway. This topic comes across as if Jim Ryan himself has an account here.  Sony has Bungie who can make a new big budget money making FPS aside from Destiny if they want. They have a lot of dormant FPS IPs. CoD being only on Xbox is about as bad as when The Show was only on PS. Destiny may remain multi platform but future IPs probably won't be. WIll you complain then?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!