By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - September 13 (10 games, JPN, PS4, 5, VR2)

THAT KRATOS VS THOR TEASE!!!!!

Around the Network

eh, it was fine.

Tekken 8
- PS5 Exclusive?
Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge
- PSVR 2023
Demeo
- PSVR
Like a Dragon: Ishin
- February 2023
Hogwarts Legacy
- 2023-02-10
Pacific Drive
Playstation Stars
- In Game Rewards/Digital Collectibles
- Starting Late September/Early October
SynDuality
Stellar Blade (Formerly Project Eve?)
- Exclusive
Rise of the Ronin
- Exclusive
God of War Ragnarok
- Special Controller
- Available at Launch
- Gameplay Trailer

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

That was pretty good. God Of War looks amazing. That trailer made me way more excited for the game.

Also like the look of Stellar Blade. Kinda looks like Bayonetta and DMC.

7/10

I missed it. Was there any Sonic Frontiers that the non-Japan Nintendo Direct lacked?

Okay, upon reflection I'm a bit more optimistic now. Still 'fine' but I really liked a handful of things.

I was already sold on God of War so that wasn't necessary but hot damn this game looks truly epic.

Rise of the Ronin looks really good but it's also very similar in look and feel to Ghost of Tsushima....which we already have. That said, if you're gonna get inspiration, that's a hell of a game to get inspiration from. Underrated gem of 2020/2021

Still not sure on Stellar Blade (Previously Project Eve). Looks good but the overly anime aesthetic generally turns me off. It's fine, but I didn't get into Scarlet Nexus for the same reason.

The Star Wars VR game has some real potential and it's nice to see some new IP/ideas over all. It was still fine. Maybe a 6/10. Then again, it was exactly what it said it would be. Primarily japanese-developed games, 20 minutes, 10 games. So it checks out.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Not the best State of Play, but certainly acceptable. Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin where nice surprises.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

This was short but sweet. Not as good as the last one but better than I expected and Tekken 8 looks like quite a leap over 7.

Man, these insiders can go eat shit in my book. Telling folks to lower expectations when Sony just dropped their best SOP to date.
How?

Once again my low expectations for State of Play has been blown away. Another State of Play I missed live too lol.

Solid 7/10 for me.