By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splatoon 3 sells 3.45 million at launch in Japan (shipped + digital)

Will Splatoon 3 outsell Splatoon 2 (13.30m) worldwide?

Yes 55 90.16%

No 6 9.84%

Total:61

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (HQ: Kyoto, Minami-ku, Japan; Representative Director and President: Shuntaro Furukawa) announced that domestic sales of the Splatoon 3 game for the Nintendo Switch system have surpassed 3.45 million units* in the first three days since its launch on September 9, 2022. This is the highest domestic sales level for any Nintendo Switch software within the first three days.

* According to Nintendo. This includes both packaged and downloadable versions.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2022/220912.html

Straight from the horses mouth, Sales were so strong Nintendo PR shared the news.

Around the Network

My estimate of 1.5 million launch sales for Japan (shipped + digital) looks pretty pathetic now lol.

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 12 September 2022

Over 2mil physical at launch is a lock now. It's gonna outsell Splatoon 2 in Japan very quickly. Globally I expect a bit less growth than in Japan but 15mil should be easy to reach.

ShadowLink93 said:

My estimate of 1.5 million launch sales (shipped + digital) looks pretty pathetic now lol.

Yes it does

SKMBlake said:
ShadowLink93 said:

My estimate of 1.5 million launch sales (shipped + digital) looks pretty pathetic now lol.

Yes it does

Glad to be wrong. Splatoon 3's launch was bigger than ACNH launch as well and i don't think many people thought that would happen.

Around the Network

I guess Splatoon is just a perfect idea for Japan bcuz they aren't big fans of real shooting games like CoD. I think it would be difficult to expand Splatoon elsewhere with heavy preference to real guns. I've said this before but Splatoon would be a perfect mobile game...

ShadowLink93 said:

Like I said, never underestimate Splatoon in Japan :).

What in the name of Wario

surely this is an all time record for Japan?

I love Splatoon 2 (never played 1), it's a fresh take on the shooter genre. It's colourful and playful and the game modes are fun and the focus isn't frags but area control in most game modes.

Will be getting Splatoon 3.

Well, yes that is pretty decent.