By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splatoon 3 sells 3.45 million at launch in Japan (shipped + digital)

Will Splatoon 3 outsell Splatoon 2 (13.30m) worldwide?

Yes 55 90.16%

No 6 9.84%

Total:61

Not bad for a franchise in which a few users in this forum thought Splatoon 1 would be the next The Wonderful 101 or didn’t think it would sell much in general.

Around the Network
Zyphe said:

Welp. Does this site hve any magnification or where you can swipe on screen to magnify the text on these tiny texted chart?. You'll have to move from portraait to landscape view just to make do in reading these texts.

Doesn't seem like it. I also get annoyed by it sometimes.

And to think that it started off on a console that was considered a failure. Like when was the last time we had a successful video game series that started off on a video game console flop?

123tbones said:

And to think that it started off on a console that was considered a failure. Like when was the last time we had a successful video game series that started off on a video game console flop?

Mario Tennis started on Virtual Boy.

123tbones said:

Animal Crossing?

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
123tbones said:

Animal Crossing?

Technically that started on the N64. That wasn't really a flop.

Kakadu18 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Animal Crossing?

Technically that started on the N64. That wasn't really a flop.

I was thinking it started on Game Cube, then I remembered it was originally released for N64 in Japan

ShadowLink93 said:

Splatoon 3 places in 47th for the best selling games ever in Japan after just 3 days. Splatoon 2 is in 15th place.

Data by PillFencer from Famiboards

Top console games ranked on LTD unit sales in Japan (floor: 3 million units)

Crazy to see that Splatoon 3 already outsold Breath of the Wild...