By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dear PlayStation Fans: Trickle-Down Economics Isn't Real!

Bob80 said:
Azzanation said:

Companies are not forced to do anything. Its their choice if they want to be day 1 on GP. If they want to make SP type games than they can. I don't understand why people believe devs have their hands tied. 1st Party i can understand but even then, StarField is proving these speculation wrong. 3rd Party Devs can do what ever they like, weather GP exists or not, its their choice.

Well I'm talking hypothetically. Right now Game pass isn't big enough to force anything. However, it is kinda scary when we have a trillion $ company with the recources to buy major publishers and force a sub model that could potentially disrupt the entire industry. If Microsoft starts putting major IPs D1 on game pass, people will likely expect everything to come to gp and stop buying games alltogether. Problem with that is that only a certain type of games seem to be feasible with the gp model. For example, here's why Calisto Protocol is not coming to Game pass

"Speaking to True Achievements, Chief Technology Officer Mark James dissed Game Pass and went on to describe the model as "difficult." Although The Callisto Protocol team might "think about it" for Game Pass, we wouldn't count on it. James continued: "You play through once [in The Callisto Protocol]. I think those services are built towards some of the open-world style and repetitive multiplayer games. I think games [like that] survive well on that service."

According to James, Games Pass doesn't always fit for independent studios that release single-player games. Well, at least in financial terms. He goes on to remind us that there are single-player games on Game Pass or coming to it - we're looking at you Starfield - but he thinks they'll come from the hardware companies themselves."

https://www.ggrecon.com/articles/the-callisto-protocol-developer-dismisses-xbox-game-pass/

I agree with what his said. Thats why he is not bringing his game to GP. They cannot remove digital sales completely because they also make too much money on digital sales. To sell digital games you need to make good games, bad games wont sell. People believe its one or the other and fail to realize that both can co exist, much like Streaming, it can co exist with the digital market place, it doesn't have to replace anything. I use GP and still buy plenty of Digital games, and i am sure i am not the only one. Also GP isnt going to house thousands of games, its a rotational roster that is limited.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
kazuyamishima said:

And they turned Office, their biggest earner, into a subscription service. 

All in all, all companies only care about make more money. It’s to the customer to decide at the end what poison is better. 

I think you can still buy it out right but is it worth the money?   Probably not

If you buy on torrent it is =p

@Azzanation seems like if an worker isn't starving the company doesn't need to raise his wage right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Why was this Bob80 guy banned after 2 posts?

numberwang said:

Why was this Bob80 guy banned after 2 posts?

You can go to his profile and read the ban note to figure that out.

DonFerrari said:
sethnintendo said:

I think you can still buy it out right but is it worth the money?   Probably not

@Azzanation seems like if an worker isn't starving the company doesn't need to raise his wage right?

You need to understand buisness and understand whats considered fair pricing and whats ripping off customers. 

When Xbox wanted to raise Live prices, the customers complained and good on them because it was ripping customers off. 

When Sony announced $70 games and want to increase Hardware by $50 for no apparent reason, is ripping customers off and due to people like yourself defending them, they are walking away with your money.

It actually baffles me on those defending unnecessary price hikes. Listening to Corporate PR and accepting it meanwhile they bank billions upon billions of actual profit.

Also if a worker is starving, thats not the companies issue. I know zero jobs for giving workers pay rises because they are starving. 

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

You need to understand buisness and understand whats considered fair pricing and whats ripping off customers. 

When Xbox wanted to raise Live prices, the customers complained and good on them because it was ripping customers off. 

When Sony announced $70 games and want to increase Hardware by $50 for no apparent reason, is ripping customers off and due to people like yourself defending them, they are walking away with your money.

It actually baffles me on those defending unnecessary price hikes. Listening to Corporate PR and accepting it meanwhile they bank billions upon billions of actual profit.

Also if a worker is starving, thats not the companies issue. I know zero jobs for giving workers pay rises because they are starving. 

Reasons were given for the PS5 price increase.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/08/25/ps5-price-to-increase-in-select-markets-due-to-global-economic-environment-including-high-inflation-rates/

That you accept those reasons or not due to your own well known biases is a topic of its own. 

Business is business. The ps5 sells out immediately and Sony can easily raise the price.... so they did. Pretty simple. Consumers dictate prices, not companies. The Switch is a great example. Could Nintendo reduce the price? For sure... but why would they? Nintendo has shareholders to satisfy. Corporations aren't going to leave money on the table.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Hynad said:
Azzanation said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/08/25/ps5-price-to-increase-in-select-markets-due-to-global-economic-environment-including-high-inflation-rates/

That you accept those reasons or not due to your own well known biases is a topic of its own. 

And you actually believe that? meanwhile they continue to sellout of hardware daily and profit billions from their previous buisness model? Sad if true. 

Bias has nothing to do with price hikes. Take the goggles off for once and see what is actually happening around you. They want $50 more because they know they can, not because they need to.

Chrkeller said:

Business is business. The ps5 sells out immediately and Sony can easily raise the price.... so they did. Pretty simple. Consumers dictate prices, not companies. The Switch is a great example. Could Nintendo reduce the price? For sure... but why would they? Nintendo has shareholders to satisfy. Corporations aren't going to leave money on the table.

Customers dictate the discounted price, that part is true, but not price hikes. Thats pure Corporate greed.

Azzanation said:
Hynad said:

And you actually believe that? meanwhile they continue to sellout of hardware daily and profit billions from their previous buisness model? Sad if true. 

Bias has nothing to do with price hikes. Take the goggles off for once and see what is actually happening around you. They want $50 more because they know they can, not because they need to.

Chrkeller said:

Customers dictate the discounted price, that part is true, but not price hikes. Thats pure Corporate greed.

You’re the one getting banned from Sony topics for your constant negative spins and positions towards PlayStation. If someone is known for having goggles, it’s you. ?

I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited by Hynad - on 20 September 2022

Azzanation said:
Hynad said:

Chrkeller said:

100% disagree.  If nobody buys a ps5 at $550 Sony will lower the price immediately.  If people buy the ps5 at $550 Sony will keep said price.  Consumers dictate pricing.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED