By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dear PlayStation Fans: Trickle-Down Economics Isn't Real!

Chrkeller said:
Kakadu18 said:

The point is that the Switch is the first and only console to not get a price cut after 6 years.

Obviously the PS4 had price cuts. It launched at 400 and went down to 300 after a few years.

Exactly.  My point is the market is different today then has been historically...  thus we are seeing unprecedented decisions.  

The market being different does not justify price hiking. If Nintendo and MS did/done the same, than they should be called out for it just as much. Xbox was called out for their greedy Live Price Hike and so should Sony with software and hardware.

Stop with the excuses claiming its justified. If you are happy to accept the price hike, thats fine, but dont beat around the bush pretending its not greed.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Chrkeller said:

Exactly.  My point is the market is different today then has been historically...  thus we are seeing unprecedented decisions.  

The market being different does not justify price hiking. If Nintendo and MS did/done the same, than they should be called out for it just as much. Xbox was called out for their greedy Live Price Hike and so should Sony with software and hardware.

Stop with the excuses claiming its justified. If you are happy to accept the price hike, thats fine, but dont beat around the bush pretending its not greed.

it is greed?  Well duh, that is the damn point of running a business, to make money.  

Sony didn't have to raise prices 

Nintendo could have dropped the switch price by now (also certainly do not need to charge full price for wii u ports)

MS didn't have to start the whole pay for online 

If your point is large corporations are greedy.... well then congrats captain obvious.  What next?  Is water wet?

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 24 September 2022

Chrkeller said:

it is greed?  Well duh, that is the damn point of running a business, to make money.  

Nintendo could have dropped the switch price by now (also certainly do not need to charge full price for wii u ports)

If your point is large corporations are greedy.... well then congrats captain obvious.  What next?  Is water wet?

Thats been my entire point this whole time and now you act if you are shocked? Finally, you agree with me, only took a dozen posts.

Ill continue to voice my opinions on those defending these decisions claiming its everything but greed.

Azzanation said:
Chrkeller said:

Thats been my entire point this whole time and now you act if you are shocked? Finally, you agree with me, only took a dozen posts.

Ill continue to voice my opinions on those defending these decisions claiming its everything but greed.

Lol, never disagreed that corporations are greedy.  All of them are.  Sony raised prices because they can.  Same reason Nintendo won't drop their prices, because they don't have too.

Always fun to see people post common sense as though it is some sort of novel insight.

Chrkeller said:
Azzanation said:

Lol, never disagreed that corporations are greedy.  All of them are.  Sony raised prices because they can.  Same reason Nintendo won't drop their prices, because they don't have too.

Always fun to see people post common sense as though it is some sort of novel insight.

What bothers me are those believing the price hike isn't for greed and are defending it saying it's because of real world issues and make excuses that they aren't making enough money.. like this multi-billion dollar corporation that earns billions in profits every quarter is suddenly some broke child on the street. 

Nintendo should lower the price on Switch, Xbox should not have tried to raise the sub prices on Live and Sony should Definity not be pushing for $70 games and hardware price hikes. 

Until people understand these companies are not their friends and that they want to milk you for every cent you are worth, defending these saturations is nothing more than just sad.

Around the Network

All the companies should just give you all of their products for free, because asking for money is greed.

Azzanation said:
Chrkeller said:

What bothers me are those believing the price hike isn't for greed and are defending it saying it's because of real world issues and make excuses that they aren't making enough money.. like this multi-billion dollar corporation that earns billions in profits every quarter is suddenly some broke child on the street. 

Nintendo should lower the price on Switch, Xbox should not have tried to raise the sub prices on Live and Sony should Definity not be pushing for $70 games and hardware price hikes. 

Until people understand these companies are not their friends and that they want to milk you for every cent you are worth, defending these saturations is nothing more than just sad.

Companies will be as greedy as consumers allow them to be.  Changing corporate practices typically requires voting with one's wallet.  

the-pi-guy said:
Azzanation said:

One question that I have is why is a $70 game with no DLC greedier than a $60 game with $100 or even $1000 worth of microtransactions?

This.  Tales of arise is a massive offender.  Granted I waited for the super deluxe sale for $50, but the base game is borderline broken.

SegaHeart said:

Well, this thread might be something maybe oldschool VGchartz would of done back in 2009?

Bring on the list wars :p

zero129 said:
Chrkeller said:

Companies will be as greedy as consumers allow them to be.  Changing corporate practices typically requires voting with one's wallet.  

I guess its a good thing Ms fans decided to raise them voices when Ms wanted to put up the price of Xbox live. Sad to say i dont see the same thing from most Sony fans with the price of their games or with now the price of the console..

Congratulations to MS fans?  Also could be that Sony has far more console exclusives than MS, thus MS has a shorter leash.