By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

That was the worst referee I've seen in my life and I watch English refereeing on a regular basis. What an absolute cunt. Stopping the game all the time, booking players who aren't even on the pitch, had to do everything in the most dramatic way possible, everything had to be about him. The only way those 10 added minutes were justified, is if he was including all the time he wasted for absolutely no reason.

Anyhow, we made it through. Piss off, shitty referee. Piss off, Van Gaal. And hopefully Holland comes back to the next world cup looking like Holland, and not like cheddar cheese.

Hopefully Argentina learn from this. We were the better team throughout, but reacted the wrong way after conceding one, stopped playing football and just retreated needlessly, to be fair we would've won if not for the referee's added time shenanigans, but we could've continued to control the game like we did in extra time. I feel like we come out of this one stronger though, winning it the hard way, and beating a team that tries to keep it tight and make it hard for their opponents, not too unlike Croatia.

Croatia is better, though. It's amazing how they make all their opponents look the same, and beat them in the same way, regardless of it being Japan or Brazil. It's gonna be tough.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

fuck these horse loving cunts

Errr… what?

Wow. Seriously never expect Brazil to get knocked out by Croatia in the QFs. They looked like clear favourites to win the whole thing! Croatia are just crazy consistent at the moment. Really didn't expect them to do it again considering their team was already on the older side 4 years ago! Congrats to them for sure though!

Glad to see Argentina get through. Also was actually an interesting game with a fair bit of drama.

I don't really see Croatia beating Argentina, but then I think Brazil were a better team than Argentina this WC and Croatia just knocked out Brazil, so it's surely possible. I do hope we don't end up with Croatia vs France in the final for the 2nd WC in a row though, that would be kind of boring. Somebody just knock out France soon please to prevent it!

SecondWar said:

The number of Brazil holding replica trophies as though their victory in the tournament was a procession got on my nerves. All the talk about the dance celebration against South Korea but I think it’s this that shows more arrogance. Reminded me a bit of 2014 when the vibe from Brazil fans was that Brazil winning the tournament was a formality.
Unless you’re the reigning champions, don’t have them. For one thing it seems a massive jinx and it certainly came back to bite them today.

I have no problem with the celebrations, IMO anybody complaining about that is just jealous. I also don't really see an issue with people having replice WC trophies, fans of basically every team have them, I see it more as just enjoying being at the WC rather than assuming you're going to win it.

The Brazilian fans definitely have an arrogance problem though, I can agree with that part. Some of their social media posts recently have just been silly.

Ka-pi96 said:

Croatia are just crazy consistent at the moment. Really didn't expect them to do it again considering their team was already on the older side 4 years ago! Congrats to them for sure though!

I don't really see Croatia beating Argentina, but then I think Brazil were a better team than Argentina this WC and Croatia just knocked out Brazil, so it's surely possible.

They humbled us back then, hopefully we're out for revenge

Around the Network

BREAKING: Spanish media outlet is very sad about "some who don't know how to win" and totally not referring to their own useless team who spent 120 minutes passing the ball around and missed every penalty

Brazil in soccer is like the American army: they are pretentious and show off against weak teams, but as soon as they face a solid one they don't know what to do anymore.
Since 2002 they have been punished by small Europeans nations at max every quarter level (let's not mention the only semi of 2014...).
Only this positive fact to say that I have noticed in doing some stats: Brazil is the ONLY team of the world, who has always reached at least the group of 16 level in EVERY WC since the first WC in 1930.

mZuzek said:

looking like Holland, and not like cheddar cheese.

Yes, our kit was pretty hideous it’s true.

Ka-pi96 said:

Wow. Seriously never expect Brazil to get knocked out by Croatia in the QFs. They looked like clear favourites to win the whole thing! Croatia are just crazy consistent at the moment. Really didn't expect them to do it again considering their team was already on the older side 4 years ago! Congrats to them for sure though!

Glad to see Argentina get through. Also was actually an interesting game with a fair bit of drama.

I don't really see Croatia beating Argentina, but then I think Brazil were a better team than Argentina this WC and Croatia just knocked out Brazil, so it's surely possible. I do hope we don't end up with Croatia vs France in the final for the 2nd WC in a row though, that would be kind of boring. Somebody just knock out France soon please to prevent it!

England will knock out france!

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
Ka-pi96 said:

England will knock out france!

I mean, the the result I’m rooting for as well but don’t jinx it ahead of time.