By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: Amazon is buying EA | Update: CNBC Sources - No

Amazon of all companies to get EA?

Hopefully this timelime isn't true.

Around the Network

Nice that's Amazoning

On the other flip of the coin (assuming true) with this.. we could get a Mass Effect series lol.

Man what next Google/Apple gets Ubi.. this is just trash >_>

Oh well EA games haven't interested me in a long time so not much of a loss. I am more interested in which major publisher Microsoft is going to buy next. My money is on Ubisoft, since they are not against being bought. Or Capcom since they are the most suitable Japanese Dev for MS and that would hurt PlayStation more.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

And the adquisition wars continue...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Imagine Amazon prime with music, video, pictures, shipping and a game pass like addition. It will increase their membership numbers a lot.

Prime exclusive FIFA movie incoming.

That first site was kind of sketchy looking.

Still, this gaming landscape sucks.

Ryuu96 said:
hinch said:

On the other flip of the coin (assuming true) with this.. we could get a Mass Effect series lol.

Man what next Google/Apple gets Ubi.. this is just trash >_>

Google has commitment issues, Lol.

Amazon actually commits to stuff for better or worse, like how much they're blowing on TV show content for Prime, Google is useless, I think they're out already. I think Take-Two is next and I do think Apple/Facebook/Tencent will be likely to make the next move.

The Mass Effect series was already rumoured to be in development at Amazon too.

Tbh I always thought this was just a matter of time as soon as I heard about Amazon entering the market, that and Xbox was telling us for years, Lol...Gaming has nice profits, it has synergy with Cloud (Amazon Cloud + Luna) and it has cross-media potential (more Prime show adaptations). Would expect EA Play to be yanked off Game Pass now and Luna to be heavily pushed.

I'm not sure if Ubisoft will sell, Yves is clinging onto it, Lol. I think they'll sell stakes in the company to private investment firms and Tencent apparently wants a larger stake but I'm not sure if Yves will ever want to sell the entire company. But yeah, I'm not sure I trust Amazon, they've been fairly useless at managing their gaming division thus far...Least they'll remain multiplatform? Lol.

Yeah Google would be the worst lol. Heaven forbid they buy any companies with games I have interest in. No way I'd trust them to make anything decent and support them in the long haul, especially with their track record of dropping things.

I read there was going to be a ME series or movie but was recently dropped, could be remembering/seeing wrong.

But yeah, looks like a false alarm xD So all is well.

Actually think that Microsoft makes the most sense to buy EA. They won't be able to do it in the near future though, because it will raise too much regulatory scrutiny. But, EA's sports games are just crying out for subscription service. They would work perfectly with Gamepass.

FIFA and Madden and the like are actually the games that make the most sense for subscriptions. They're basically just annual re-releases with updated rosters. Should just keep them continually updated and never release new titles. Or maybe just release one new title per engine update or whatever.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 26 August 2022