By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Can ther be a limit to how many topics someone can make in a day/week/month?

SegaHeart is an agent of chaos. Protect him at all costs.

Around the Network

I really don't see the problem, if the thread is about something I don't care I don't enter.
The only reason you see a lot of threads of the same person is because others are rarely posting new threads.
And some of the threads on the main page are very old and useless but stay there for lack of new interesting content. I take more issue with you basically making a thread to dish out against an user instead of talking to him in private or even a mod if you think it is needed.

We could vote to limit the number of negative posts or complains a user do per day =p and you likely wouldn't be pleased by it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

I really don't see the problem, if the thread is about something I don't care I don't enter.
The only reason you see a lot of threads of the same person is because others are rarely posting new threads.
And some of the threads on the main page are very old and useless but stay there for lack of new interesting content. I take more issue with you basically making a thread to dish out against an user instead of talking to him in private or even a mod if you think it is needed.

We could vote to limit the number of negative posts or complains a user do per day =p and you likely wouldn't be pleased by it.

honestly i dont have an issue with the number of threads but i can understand OP.

what bothers me all those threads would be solved with him getting a job instead of complain woe me im poor

numonex was banned for exactly the same thing, complaining but not fixing his personal issues

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DonFerrari said:

There is arely new threads because there is little point when they will vanish from the front page by the 50 other spam threads. I've been using forums and admined some since the 90s and one tell tale sign of a dying forum is 1 person making most the topics and discourages from other from engaging in the overall forum. Seen too many to count die this way.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

If you feel like you are making foes instead of trying to silence the reasonable question.
Isn't that the time to question what the hell is going on that you get responses like that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

To be clear I have no ill will towards anyone.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Well, as long as the threads are interesting (good content, following the rules), I see no problem.

Unless it becomes spam. But I don't see it like that for now.

Sega's threads are the "bang" in the "going out with a bang". But doesn't ignoring them let you hide his posts?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Like others have said just try be more thoughtful when making a thread. I've made plenty of threads in past that were terrible. It's a dying site so you are sticking out like a sore thumb. Keep doing what you are doing but before you create new thread just ask yourself is this really what people might want to discuss.

Like your what developer should handle shelved ips.  That's a good thread for discussion.  I haven't gone through it yet but if you can focus on interesting topics like that then you won't get any criticism.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 21 August 2022

I got no issues with the threads. If he didn't make them the same topics would be in hot topics for days and as state by Ryuu, there has always been over time a person who would make the most threads. Look how many new topics there was when SegaHeat was banned for a week. Bugger all. People have their chance to get in a topic but still didn't do it during that period.

Like Ryuu said, contribute to a solution and post your own threads. Personally my life is so hectic I rarely do any new threads myself, or usually when I want to do one someone already beat me to it.

SegaHeart may have hectic.weird/offtopic threads but they no where as bad as Dark Lord 2008 was where he would argue back when providing advice to try and help him. I do feel that a lot of the "spam" threads as you put it are attention seeking for help or perhaps just seeking to chat to someone. We aren't all social butterflies in the real world especially if the people around us don't have the same interests. Forums like this help people talk to like mined people. They may not have the mental capacity to talk to others in their real world life. SO even if 1 of 3 people interact with them online, it helps them stay some want mentally balanced in their own life.

Maybe a site feature can be added where you block out certain members content from hot topics, if you don't want to see these threads? Maybe we create SegaHeart his own board for the off topic stuff that isn't gaming related and people can filter out that board from their hot topics?

Finally slightly off topic, but go spend say 8 hours in a day just reading Facebook and watching the videos on there. That is fare more depressing as what society has become then anything we see on these forums. These forums at least have some sanity on them lol.