By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Can ther be a limit to how many topics someone can make in a day/week/month?

Normally all for letting people make engaging topics but Segaheart just spams this place and it makes looking for other topics annoying. They are all his personal twitter. Ramblings. Random thoughts. They mostly only get 1-2 replies and that's before he constantly replies and quotes himself. It's really out of hand. If there is 10 topics made in a day, he's made 8 of them. Feels like there is little use making a topic when it will get buried in his spamming the forum. Not asking for any harsh actions like a warning or a ban but maybe restrict the amount he can post. Maybe just give him his own subsection for all I care. Just the spamming of the forum really is out of hand.Let other people get in a topic.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

The only restriction is once every minute.
The thing is forumthreads are on an alltime low, so where 14 years ago a thread was gone from the first page within 30 minutes tops. Well we see the result

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I like the thread where he talks about his grandma, etc then the thread evolves into him basically saying he can't fight or whatever cause has pussy hands. Classic. And now the death of vgc.

My favourite was the mixing themselves with random kpop stars or something to see that their kids would look like.

Fucking lol.

So random.

Yeah it is a bit chaotic! Perhaps a case for a mod to have a gentle chat with them about all the nonsense threads they are creating

Around the Network

I don't see anything wrong with it. Free Speech and all that. It's not like he's advertising stuff, and it's mostly games related.

If you don't want to read it, just ignore it. TBH sounds more like a "you" problem - my personal annoyance is generic threads with 1000+ posts, or those "say something about the person above" threads which are 90% "I don't know the person above". I solve the problem by not reading it, but I'm not going to start whining about it and ask for it to be banned. Be careful... your future might be Karen.

I agree. Some can say at least there’s engagement or thread creation, but when new (or old) folks come along and see 10/25 threads on the homepage made by the same user, it makes the place look even more empty.

I’m glad someone made this thread, so we can at least have a discussion about it.

Even if (and I know this isn’t something that could be coded in easily) the front page limited the number of threads shown to 5 from a single user it could really lessen the impact of this issue. Obviously certain users, particularly writers or admins of the site, would be or could be exempt from this rule.

At the very least, it would be nice if at least the titles of these threads were more thought about. Oftentimes the thread title looks like the first sentence of the post rather than a title meant to encapsulate the subject matter being discussed in the thread. Obviously SegaHeart is reading these posts, so at least take that to heart. Spend a bit more time crafting your message before hitting that send button. It will help to create better engagement of your threads as well.

I don't care. He's been active, if you don't like it then ignore. His threads are about games (most of them), so that's ok.

Nah.. Just keep goin at it Segaheart! m/

super_etecoon said:

I agree. Some can say at least there’s engagement or thread creation, but when new (or old) folks come along and see 10/25 threads on the homepage made by the same user, it makes the place look even more empty.

I’m glad someone made this thread, so we can at least have a discussion about it.

Even if (and I know this isn’t something that could be coded in easily) the front page limited the number of threads shown to 5 from a single user it could really lessen the impact of this issue. Obviously certain users, particularly writers or admins of the site, would be or could be exempt from this rule.

At the very least, it would be nice if at least the titles of these threads were more thought about. Oftentimes the thread title looks like the first sentence of the post rather than a title meant to encapsulate the subject matter being discussed in the thread. Obviously SegaHeart is reading these posts, so at least take that to heart. Spend a bit more time crafting your message before hitting that send button. It will help to create better engagement of your threads as well.

Bolded and italic; as one old guy to the other, I agree with this. One user making lots of threads is only part of the issue, the other part is that the rest of the site is seemingly asleep or not engaging.