5-10m, it won't sell much more 2 6.45%

10-15m, reasonable sales 13 41.94%

15-20m, genuinely going t... 9 29.03%

20m+, the fad is back! 4 12.90%

30m+ Approaching Wii spor... 3 9.68%

Nintendo Switch what? 0 0%

Total:31
peachbuggy said:

Nothing has been said officially but there has been speculation that there will be up to 3 new sports added in future updates. This would make sense for Nintendo to do and it would also fit in with Nintendo;s recent business model with sports games {+ Arms and splatoon).

I think it was datamining that revealed more sports going to be added.

Around the Network
Kslost said:
FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:

I haven't picked it up yet, but I plan to get it probably. Where the heck is golf and baseball?

I think golf is supposed to be added by the end of the year.  No word on baseball currently.  I would like to see both baseball and boxing added at some point.

They said Golf will be added in the fall.

Kakadu18 said:
peachbuggy said:

Nothing has been said officially but there has been speculation that there will be up to 3 new sports added in future updates. This would make sense for Nintendo to do and it would also fit in with Nintendo;s recent business model with sports games {+ Arms and splatoon).

Yes, that sounds familiar to me. I think i remember reading that. No way of determining which sports tho.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

For it to sell over 30 million it will need Smash Bros levels of staying power in charts for the next 5 years. Switch successor is likely coming much before it (2025 likely) software sales are going to collapse until 2027. I don't see how it can move an average of 1.25 million every quarter for it to cross 30 million in the next 20 quarters. 

It took 2 months to reach 5 million, after all. I don't even think it will move another 1.5 million in the current quarter

Whoever voted for under 10 million is delusional. It's a family friend title released out of the Christmas window and sold 5 million already it will pass short 10 million without breaking a sweat

I voted for 15-20 million, but I will track the sales the next 2 quarters and see if I makes sense to move the goalpost for 20 million 

If it's re-released on Switch 2 with some kind of DLC included and considering the next console isn't backwards compatatible then I can see a chance for it to cross 30 million mark, Nintendo fans love to rebuy games 

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 14 August 2022

peachbuggy said:
Kakadu18 said:

Yes, that sounds familiar to me. I think i remember reading that. No way of determining which sports tho.

Two of them that were datamined were basketball and dodgeball.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Mmmm... Calling a 10-15M as "reasonable sales" is a bit much heh ? Like these kind of numbers are still incredible. Doesn't matter if the Switch as plenty of those already. These are the milestone you don't see happening that often.

Still, I do see the game reaching the 10M milestone because of important legs so far and the upcoming holiday season boosting it's sales

I can understand the wording looking like it was a bit too expectant of huge sales but i meant in relation to the whole series. Thus, 10-15m sales is low compared to wii sports but decent compared to Wii sports club. Maybe i'm a bit too optimistic but i do hope the LT sales lean more towards the former rather than the latter.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Paatar said:
peachbuggy said:

Two of them that were datamined were basketball and dodgeball.

Oh! I had no idea. Dodgeball was cool on Mario sports mix and basketball i guess could work. I'm in the camp of hoping for new sports rather than hoping for returning ones if i'm honest. Although baseball was fun on Wii sports and i wouldn't mind seeing that return.