By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts July 2022 Discussion Thread

Sony's own forecast of PS4 vs PS5 as of May

Around the Network

One suggestion for a new chart: XSX vs Wii U in Japan

Wii U would lead early on, but possibly the XSX will catch up again at the end, as the Wii U had a very short shelf life.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 25 August 2022

Bofferbrauer2 said:

One suggestion for a new chart: XSX vs Wii U in Japan

Wii U would lead early on, but possibly the XSX will catch up again at the end, as the Wii U had a very short shelf life.

The Wii U sold over 3mil in Japan. I doubt XBS is going to reach that.

Xbox Series will be doing well for itself if it manages to top 1 million in Japan let alone 3.

curl-6 said:

The shape of that dotted line seems...optimistic.  Especially where that arrow is headed.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
curl-6 said:

The shape of that dotted line seems...optimistic.  Especially where that arrow is headed.

If you continue with that curve it will make a circle. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:

Help me make sense out of Sony's hardware projections:

1. Price hike.

2. Significant sales growth in units.

3. Slight revenue growth over the next few years.

This graph is from months before the price hike.

Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:

This graph is from months before the price hike.

Right, but I figured they factored the price hike into their projections, like it's something they intended months in advance. They're also sticking with their 18 million forecast for this fiscal year.

I doubt the price hike will affect sales much as its in such high demand and constricted supply. As for revenue, no idea.

curl-6 said:

Xbox Series will be doing well for itself if it manages to top 1 million in Japan let alone 3.

At the rate it's selling now, 1M in Japan will probably come much earlier than expected

curl-6 said:
Kyuu said:

Right, but I figured they factored the price hike into their projections, like it's something they intended months in advance. They're also sticking with their 18 million forecast for this fiscal year.

I doubt the price hike will affect sales much as its in such high demand and constricted supply. As for revenue, no idea.

Revenue: value of the yen, cost of mitigating supply problems /inflation that's my guess.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot