By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumored Halo 3/ GTAIV Bundle sends PS3 fanboys running for their mummies!

ultraslick said:
azrm2k said:
ultraslick said:
its so funny.
Microsoft Announcement: Microsoft will have the true GTAIV experience.

(if you buy the hard drive $99.99 and the wireless adapter $99.99 and the DLC probably 2 at $29.99 each)

so its only another $260 on top of the bundle price to play this game to its fullest.

Microsoft: Shit nevermind.

*facepalm*

Wifi is completely unneccessary, you can use a regular wired connection and many people prefer to use one in online games. Plus you don't have to pay $100 for a HDD if you have a premium so all you'd pay is the cost of the DLC.

Sure, people who bought Arcades will need to spend the money for a HDD but if they decide not to it's not like they get a "gimped" experience worse than the PS3. All the PS3 fans mocking the "complete experience" confuses me. Worst case scenario for a 360 Arcade owner is that they play exactly the same game the PS3 owners get to play. Can't exactly mock them for that now can you?

- The true experience includes online, (Since Online will be great for this game)and ofcourse I know that it can be plugged in to a home router but a lot of people dont have their 360's next to their router which makes wifi a necessity

-The bundle in the OP was an Arcade sku which is why I talked about having to pay the $100 for the hard drive.

-Ofcourse they wouldn't have to pay $100 for the wifi if they had the premium but that isn't what we are talking about now is it?

And Yes I can mock them for that. I can do what I want when its based on factual knowledge.

facepalm yourself again, only this time do it a lot harder.

Investing in an HDD and/or WiFi later on for DLC can't be considered in a vacuum.  Those items can then be used long term for other games, etc., so they can't be considered solely part of the cost of having the full DLC experience.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
smbu2000 said:
ssj12 said:
I dont see any PS3 purchasers jumping on this deal at all. Sorry halo is not that great of an FPS.

7.6 million people might disagree with you on that

Unreal, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Portal, GoldenEye 007, Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein, and Team Fortress says hi.

Unreal - too fast

Half-Life - long-ass load times

Counter-Strike - for those realistic type people

Portal - it's and effing puzzle game, not an FPS

GoldenEye 007 - BOSS

Quake - never played it

Doom - terrible graphics but fun (Doom 1 & 2)

Wolfenstein - never played it

Team Fortress - took 9 years for the sequel to be released

Halo - it made the effing Xbox. without it, people would never suffer from Red Ring of Death

EDIT: I blame Wii Fit.