By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumored Halo 3/ GTAIV Bundle sends PS3 fanboys running for their mummies!

@Untouch: How does that change anything.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
I dont see any PS3 purchasers jumping on this deal at all. Sorry halo is not that great of an FPS.
LOL. Realistically No FPS on PS3 comes close to #Halo3. Dont even try and mention Resistance or KZ. nearly 8 million people disagree with you before you made your statement.

Untouch said:
Strategyking92 said:
Untouch said:
smbu2000 said:
ssj12 said:
I dont see any PS3 purchasers jumping on this deal at all. Sorry halo is not that great of an FPS.

7.6 million people might disagree with you on that
Most of that was first week sales

only 2 million of 7 million

3.7m, which is more than half :/

3.7 + 3.7 = 7.4M not 7.6. Did or do you go to school? 

selnor said:
ssj12 said:
LOL. Realistically No FPS on PS3 comes close to #Halo3. Dont even try and mention Resistance or KZ. nearly 8 million people disagree with you before you made your statement.

I think COD4 is better than Halo 3. You didn't mention exclusive.

Just because something sells well doesn't mean its the best or better than something else. Better is an opinion and opinions are like assholes, we all have one and they all stink.

Advertising and word of mouth sells a lot of products, doesn't mean there isn't something similar that is actually better.

I know many disagree with my opinion, but I think the Halo multiplayer is way overrated. I haven't played single player so I can't comment on that. But from what I have played, I have no interest in playing any more. 

Might work to sell more Xbox360s. If it does then well done.

I don't see why PS3 fanboys should panic.

According to MS lovers Halo3 was suppose to seal victory this gen for the 360. It didn't.

Neither will GTAIV+HALO3 bundled.

Why assume everyone or most people will do (or in this case buy) something because you would?

Around the Network
Jandre002 said:

The bundles are not exclusive to that particular online retailer – a mole inside of the department store chain David Jones has also confirmed both bundles are showing up on their distributor website. They’ll retail for $499.95 (Arcade) and $679.95 (Pro).

This must not be US$, right? The arcade is $279 plus $59 for each game should put it at $397 with no discount. Are these bundles happening in the US?

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

ssj12 said:
smbu2000 said:
ssj12 said:

Unreal, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Portal, GoldenEye 007, Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein, and Team Fortress says hi.

there are alot of games on Nintendo that aren't great, but sell alot. The difference is are they FUN??? Halo is definitely fun, maybe not a great game, but a hell of a fun game.

@Nintendo Zealot 

Those examples are Australian bundles. I don't think there's been any confirmation/denial about any NA bundles.

wareagle372 said:
ssj12 said:
smbu2000 said:
ssj12 said:

Unreal, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Portal, GoldenEye 007, Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein, and Team Fortress says hi.

there are alot of games on Nintendo that aren't great, but sell alot. The difference is are they FUN??? Halo is definitely fun, maybe not a great game, but a hell of a fun game.

There you go. That sums it up really. Halo is no 10/10 game I dont care what you say. Its not graphically, its not through gameplay, its not 10/10 in any category. But its hella fun. Its the first shooter since Goldeneye that you can play and admit playing without being seen as a huge nerd. Its the Madden of shooters, and is the most popular console shooter of all time (I think?) 

Its popularity is what makes it good, not its gameplay. Halo released on the PS2 would have done little over 1,000,000 IMO. But being the single reason many people bought an Xbox, it saw huge popularity. Halo 2 built off publicity, Halo being popular, and marketing to become what it was. Same goes for Halo 3. 

smbu2000 said:
ssj12 said:

All that proves is 7.6 million got sucked into the hype, it doesnt mean they all think its great.

OT: Since so far it's just an Australian bundle, it's probably just to push the 360 there, since according to some it's "dead" in Australia.