By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 31, 2022 (Jul 25 - Jul 31)

kenjab said:
Farsala said:

A little surprised X is so close to the others too, considering the relevance of Wii U vs 3DS or NSW.

As I understand it, the special edition of X3 was only available in Japan through the Nintendo store, which isn't tracked by Famitsu--and special editions usually account for ~25% of opening week sales.  So between the fact that Famitsu doesn't track digital or the special edition, it's probably undertracked here by quite a bit.

If 25% of sales weren't tracked like you're saying, sales would be over 150k, which is a great opening!

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Around the Network

All 3 current consoles are up, very nice!

kenjab said:
Farsala said:

A little surprised X is so close to the others too, considering the relevance of Wii U vs 3DS or NSW.

As I understand it, the special edition of X3 was only available in Japan through the Nintendo store, which isn't tracked by Famitsu--and special editions usually account for ~25% of opening week sales.  So between the fact that Famitsu doesn't track digital or the special edition, it's probably undertracked here by quite a bit.

The special edition is only available through the Nintendo store everywhere.

Chicho said:

Yup. The devalued yen makes the scalpers more prominent afterwards.

Agente42 said:
Chicho said:

I don't think that have anything to do with it. PS5 have always sold out in Japan, so the only difference this week is that Sony decided to ship larger quantities.

Around the Network

Great hardware sales for all three.

deerox said:
Agente42 said:

I don't think that have anything to do with it. PS5 have always sold out in Japan, so the only difference this week is that Sony decided to ship larger quantities.

The ps5 is not the only one scalped. 

PS5 has 39k, we need to see up another ps5 game, besides the GT7 bundle. 

What's the Xbox brand's best year performance in Japan?

Agente42 said:
deerox said:

Ps plus extra and premium should keep them busy

Pinkie_pie said:
Agente42 said:

Ps plus extra and premium should keep them busy

Plus doesn´t have any big increase. Japan is a heavy focus on the physical market. This movement and doesn´t have any increase, without the bundle, seems more scalping than consumers.