By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Extremely Super unhappy you are that Grim Fandango 2 will never be made because of the genre it is?

Grim Fandango 2 will never be made Unless Tim Schaefer from Xbox Turned Grim Fandango 2 into a RPG using the help from Inxile or Bethesda or Obsidian? we know Grim Fandango is a point and click game and people are scared of those games in modern genre theres barely any point and click games on Xbox One or Series.  Grim Fandango scored a 94 on PC in 1998 and Needs a final fantasy 7 remake situation where they went JRPG to action.

Guess which version of Hatsune Miku this is? She has my Birth stone color turqoise in her eyes, And I'm most honest Sega Saturn lover alltime.Picture far right is Sega first Real Mascot. Represents my birth animal the helpful Bunny want you to find his name.My ruling Planet is Saturn if connect the Birth month I was born and year.

Around the Network

Well, we get a new Monkey Island from Ron Gilbert no less. So if that does decent at least, maybe Microsoft/Xbox says go to Schaefer.

And you brought up the idea of turning it into an RPG. I haven't thought about it, but such a genre jump might be feasible. Must be turn-based to keepwith the nature of point&clicks, but an RPG would still allow puzzles and talking to different people only add another layer with abilites. It wouldn't need to add fights at all, the increasable abilites could influence solutions to puzzles or give more speak options with people or other stuff.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I am not. But I am quite unhappy about Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy 2 never being made because Square Enix dropped the ball on the marketing, then sold the studio. And also the narrative director leaving to work on Mass Effect. That said, I'm grateful there was at least one game and that it was great. We gotta take what we get, I suppose.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

Not entirely true. Double Fine has remastered 3 of the classic LucasArts point-and-click adventure games, including Grim Fandango. Alongside Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle. Not to mention they created an original title called Broken Age.

And with Monkey Island making its triumphant return this year with nearly the entire original leads, minus Tim, there could be hope for Grim Fandango 2. Although, idk if Double Fine outright bought the Grim IP from Lucasfilm or they just bought the rights to remastering the original game.

Mnementh said:

Well, we get a new Monkey Island from Ron Gilbert no less. So if that does decent at least, maybe Microsoft/Xbox says go to Schaefer.

And you brought up the idea of turning it into an RPG. I haven't thought about it, but such a genre jump might be feasible. Must be turn-based to keepwith the nature of point&clicks, but an RPG would still allow puzzles and talking to different people only add another layer with abilites. It wouldn't need to add fights at all, the increasable abilites could influence solutions to puzzles or give more speak options with people or other stuff.

Would be cool, ALso Tim Schaefer co wroted Monkey Island 1 and programmed back in the day Tim Schaeffer created Full trottle , day of the tentacle others Besides Psychonauts 1 and 2.

Guess which version of Hatsune Miku this is? She has my Birth stone color turqoise in her eyes, And I'm most honest Sega Saturn lover alltime.Picture far right is Sega first Real Mascot. Represents my birth animal the helpful Bunny want you to find his name.My ruling Planet is Saturn if connect the Birth month I was born and year.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Not entirely true. Double Fine has remastered 3 of the classic LucasArts point-and-click adventure games, including Grim Fandango. Alongside Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle. Not to mention they created an original title called Broken Age.

And with Monkey Island making its triumphant return this year with nearly the entire original leads, minus Tim, there could be hope for Grim Fandango 2. Although, idk if Double Fine outright bought the Grim IP from Lucasfilm or they just bought the rights to remastering the original game.

Imagine Fullthrottle as a RPG alot of gamers in late 30's and 40's loved this game high up there with Grim Fandango Fulltrottle 2 with RPG and racing?, Just wish Grim Fandango 2 does not do the platform formula because Psychonauts 2 story and Dialogue > mario Odyssey but Mario Odyssey Platforming superior than Psychonauts 2 Platforming , which is why Psychonauts 2 is 88 metacritic but if they had Turn base as good as Final Fantasy 7 and not the mess Final Fantasy bravest from 2013 pay to win and holding your hand which it plays itself type of turn base and not the Great RPG turn base of FInal Fantasy 7 and X and 3 on SNES

I enjoyed the game but I'm ok with it. I never expected a sequel and not everything needs one.

I'm more unhappy Metal Gear Rising 2, VanQuish 2, and Zone of the Enders 3 will never happen. Not to mention EX Troopers localization. Plus it's time Capcom bring back Mega Man legends .

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I enjoyed the game but I'm ok with it. I never expected a sequel and not everything needs one.

I'm more unhappy Metal Gear Rising 2, VanQuish 2, and Zone of the Enders 3 will never happen. Not to mention EX Troopers localization. Plus it's time Capcom bring back Mega Man legends .

Megaman Legends 3 I'm sad.

Grim Fandango remaster has an 84 on Metacritic alot of them where not happy of the point and click but loved the story on PC 84 but Just wish it had different gameplay then it give it a 90+ like it's 1998 metacritic review which scored a whopping 94 on metacritic but point and click games are played out hope the new monkey island brings point and click genre right back?

SegaHeart said:

Grim Fandango remaster has an 84 on Metacritic alot of them where not happy of the point and click but loved the story on PC 84 but Just wish it had different gameplay then it give it a 90+ like it's 1998 metacritic review which scored a whopping 94 on metacritic but point and click games are played out hope the new monkey island brings point and click genre right back?

So you want a new game because of metacritic?

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!