By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Extremely Super unhappy you are that Grim Fandango 2 will never be made because of the genre it is?

mZuzek said:
SegaHeart said:

Grim Fandango remaster has an 84 on Metacritic alot of them where not happy of the point and click but loved the story on PC 84 but Just wish it had different gameplay then it give it a 90+ like it's 1998 metacritic review which scored a whopping 94 on metacritic but point and click games are played out hope the new monkey island brings point and click genre right back?

So you want a new game because of metacritic?

I kinda do want a new Grim Fandango 2

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 19 July 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

Around the Network

I do wish there were more games in that genre since is it really relaxing when a game can controlled mostly or even entirely with just a mouse. Don't Escape: 4 Days to Survive is a very good relatively recent one. Also Grim Fandango was a nice experience.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

Return to Monkey island should revivie the genre and then Grim Fandango will be appreciated more , Return to monkey island hopefully revives it if not then Grim Fandango should go the RPG route? Help from RPG kings Obsidian or Bethesda 

Go play The Journey Down. Great game all 3 parts and on about everything.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I thought Grim Fandango was great, but I liked Broken Age even more. If you want a sequel to Grim Fandango, then I'd highly recommend trying Broken Age.

On a scale of 1 to 12, I'd say im about 2 in levels of unhappiness.
Like... I guess its not ideal, but then again, its not a huge tragedy like not getting a Suikoden VI or the fact that Faye Reagan retired.

For an adventure/point & click game officionado like me. I'm quite sad that I've yet to experience the game yet.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

SegaHeart said:

Grim Fandango 2 will never be made Unless Tim Schaefer from Xbox Turned Grim Fandango 2 into a RPG using the help from Inxile or Bethesda or Obsidian? we know Grim Fandango is a point and click game and people are scared of those games in modern genre theres barely any point and click games on Xbox One or Series.  Grim Fandango scored a 94 on PC in 1998 and Needs a final fantasy 7 remake situation where they went JRPG to action.

Your post makes no sense to me at all. Why the hell would anyone want Grim Fandango to come back as an RPG or even more so a JRPG.

Maybe console players might think the P&P adventure games are dead but they are still very much alive on PC, and guess what?. Thats the platform they where born on. Hell GF is what laid the blueprints for games like The walking dead, The wolf Among Us and all them other Telltale games console players played.

I didn't like Broken Age all that much (backed it, played part 1, started part 2 and never finished it), so maybe better he doesn't make a sequel :/

So I'm actually relieved it will stay a singular game. The remaster was great with the commentaries. Games should do that more often.