By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Update: Monster Hunter Rise hits 11 million sold, Sunbreak expansion 4 million (Shipped + Digital)

Agente42 said:
curl-6 said:

Barebones?
Base Rise has 38 large monsters, not including Apexes.

That's 6 more than base World and one of the highest counts in the series for an entry prior to its G/Master Rank expansion.

Disagree. The playtime is small and the game has less content than world.

I spent well over 100 hours on base Rise and didn't even come close to completing all its content.

Base Rise has the same number of maps as base World, more monsters, over 100 quests, and hundreds of weapons and armor sets to craft, all of which add up to potentially thousands of hours of content.

I'd hardly call that barebones.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 July 2022

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Agente42 said:

Disagree. The playtime is small and the game has less content than world.

I spent well over 100 hours on base Rise and didn't even come close to completing all its content.

Base Rise has the same number of maps as base World, more monsters, over 100 quests, and hundreds of weapons and armor sets to craft, all of which add up to potentially thousands of hours of content.

I think the dimensions of the maps matter. The number of quests too. On average onHow Long to beat people who plays for leisure spend 37 hours more to beat World (78 hours) than Rise (41 hours) to beat the main story. I played neither more than the main story, but I always felt like World has more quests I was letting ignored compared to Rise too

I don't call Rise barebones either, for me it's a severe overstatement, it has more than enough content for a 60 USD purchase, but I think it's about half or less than World 

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 07 July 2022

IcaroRibeiro said:
curl-6 said:

I think the dimensions of the maps matter. The number of quests too. On average onHow Long to beat people who plays for leisure spend 37 hours more to beat World (78 hours) than Rise (41 hours) to beat the main story. I played neither more than the main story, but I always felt like World has more quests I was letting ignored compared to Rise too

I don't call Rise barebones either, it has enough content for a 60 USD purchase, but I think it's about half or less than World 

Depends what you define as "beating" it.

Monster Hunter players typically don't just try to reach the end credits, the point of the game is to invest long term in the crafting and mastering the hunt, which takes hundreds if not thousands of hours. It's not the kind of game usually played in a "leisurely" manner due its high difficulty and the commitment it asks of the player.

I suspect the main time differential between the two comes down to Rise requiring less grinding to craft weapons or armor, a deliberate design decision by the developers. Rise is more streamlined, but not because it has less content.

IcaroRibeiro said:
curl-6 said:

I don't call Rise barebones either, for me it's a severe overstatement, it has more than enough content for a 60 USD purchase, but I think it's about half or less than World 

Remember that World probably takes longer to beat because of its awful multiplayer join system and no wire bugs. The absence of those add a lot of time in the long run when they’re stacked together. Rise adds so much mobility. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

World's story is the same length as Rise however requires a significant more amount of grinding and as mentioned by someone mobility is far worse, the area sizes in both games are not very different. 

Rise objectively has more content but is more streamline in design and structure, the loading times are much lower and the hunter is also a lot stronger and more mobile. You can practically take down a good amount of big monsters with a slightly upgraded base weapon with each hunt not taking too long were as World that's not the case.

This further reduces the need to grind in Rise which already has more lenient requirements to craft equipment. 

Around the Network
Paatar said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Remember that World probably takes longer to beat because of its awful multiplayer join system and no wire bugs. The absence of those add a lot of time in the long run when they’re stacked together. Rise adds so much mobility. 

Rise is a better mechanics game, it´s given. 

Just hit 3 million, 9 days after hitting 2 million and 14 days after launch.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 July 2022

That was fast. Amazing.

Kakadu18 said:

That was fast. Amazing.

Improvement maybe makes a first good impression.

Playing 20 hours on expansion. It´s great.  Generations meet Ultimate and bring quality-of-life improvements found in Iceborne.

Yeah its success is absolutely well earned, I'm about halfway through the main questline now and it retains everything that made Rise great while adding a bunch of improvements that elevate it to new heights.

Iceborne sold to around half of World players going by Capcom's sales figures, will be interesting to see if Sunbreak sells to the same portion of Rise players.